Case internal RGB "lamp"?

Afthrast

I have a CM Q300L with an RX 5700. The acrylic panel is darkened and the "Radeon" text isn't very well visible on the outside, so I was thinking of lighting it up.

I was thinking along a "spot light" from the back pci slot region towards the side of the graphics card, but I can't find anything similar, I don't need the length of a typical RGB strip and I'm not even sure if they provide enough light from the back side of the case to illuminate the text which extends into the middle of the case as well.

Any ideas/recommendations? Thanks!

There may be something better and more specific I don’t know about.  I’m kind of going off grid for this one and there may be a much better on grid solution.  I’m just giving you what I got.

There’s a guy who does videos on among other things turning old cpu heat sinks into desk lamps. might be worth a watch if you want to go his route.

The good news is LED runs on the same power type as is put out by a PSU so you could molex your way in if you’ve got a proprietary RGB. there are contortions involved sometimes involving power limiting.  More data here

https://www.ledsupply.com/blog/how-to-choose-an-led-power-supply/

Really powerful LEDs make heat so if you want a really bright one a heat sink will be needed.  You could also go mini molex and just plug it into your motherboard. Mini molex is hand wireable.

spotlights are just lights with parabolic reflectors.  For a pin spot you can use a lens or just a shroud. Rolled up black construction paper works well for that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I'm not necessarily looking for a spot light specifically, I've taken a shot and have masterfully edited it in paint. :D

The text is around the yellow lines and I think even a single LED would be enough at around the location of the yellow circle on the side of the PCI slots, there's enough room on the back panel. I even have some RGB headers (though I guess I just need 5V or around that, based on the LED) on the motherboard, but I can't seem to find anything aiming to do this on the market.

I guess DIYing a piece will be the way to go, I just lack some equipment for projects like this and I wouldn't want to get an entire LED strip to just use 1-3 leds from the whole strip.

IMG_20200715_001204.thumb.jpg.4b60ea8c41be094c7db84a5a49435362.jpg

1 hour ago, Afthrast said:

I'm not necessarily looking for a spot light specifically, I've taken a shot and have masterfully edited it in paint. :D

The text is around the yellow lines and I think even a single LED would be enough at around the location of the yellow circle on the side of the PCI slots, there's enough room on the back panel. I even have some RGB headers (though I guess I just need 5V or around that, based on the LED) on the motherboard, but I can't seem to find anything aiming to do this on the market.

I guess DIYing a piece will be the way to go, I just lack some equipment for projects like this and I wouldn't want to get an entire LED strip to just use 1-3 leds from the whole strip.

IMG_20200715_001204.thumb.jpg.4b60ea8c41be094c7db84a5a49435362.jpg

They’re sold singly quite often.  I suspect there is probably a much better solution than the one I offered I just don’t know what it is.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.