Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quackwich

Monitor not showing full picture at the top

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

This is hard to explain but I noticed my monitor isn't displaying the full image, but on at the very top, just before the border.

 

This is evident when using Firefox, whereby the selected tab will have a blue line. My monitor doesn't show this blue line when Firefox is used in full screen. Taking a fullscreen screenshot shows the blue line in Firefox, but my monitor does not show it. This extends to other things like in Dota 2, the hero portraits at the top have coloured lines - these lines are visible but very tiny relative to on other streamer's when not in full screen.

 

The monitor I am using is the PRISM+ X240.

 

What I am expected to see:

Spoiler

spacer.png

What I actually see:

Spoiler

spacer.png

I am relatively confident it's a monitor/hardware issue since it appears in screenshots, but I just want a second opinion/just to be sure.

 

I have fiddled with NVIDIA control panel settings and Windows display settings and everything seems to be in order.


When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Monitor manufacturers often don’t make the panels.  It’s possible the panel inside the monitor is misaligned slightly.  Is there an equally sized gap at the bottom?


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Monitor manufacturers often don’t make the panels.  It’s possible the panel inside the monitor is misaligned slightly.  Is there an equally sized gap at the bottom?

No.

 

This only started happening after I've had the monitor for a year.


When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quackwich said:

No.

 

This only started happening after I've had the monitor for a year.

Hmm. That’s different than previously described. Perhaps a transistor line died.  What’s the warranty on the monitor look like?  Might be able to get it replaced.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Hmm. That’s different than previously described. Perhaps a transistor line died.  What’s the warranty on the monitor look like?  Might be able to get it replaced.

Don't think a transistor died - seems like it stops where the borders of the monitor is, which is very weird. Also, are transistors in a line? Because it only happens across the top edge, and it's almost unnoticeable, but if you look at the comparison images in the OP, you'll see what I mean.


When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to NV control panel and choose the "resize" feature. Then you call pull the screen to fit. 


PRIME computer INC.
Framingham, MA. USA
Main Frame Cabinet CCD 3081
120/208 Volts @ 60Hz.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Go to NV control panel and choose the "resize" feature. Then you call pull the screen to fit. 

It is set to the maximum screen resolution (1920x1080). I cannot increase it anymore.

 

image.png.91289ba7af074a4ff5adc516ebd3ed21.png


When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Quackwich said:

It is set to the maximum screen resolution (1920x1080). I cannot increase it anymore.

 

 

Are you sure it's not 2160x1080 or something?


PRIME computer INC.
Framingham, MA. USA
Main Frame Cabinet CCD 3081
120/208 Volts @ 60Hz.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Are you sure it's not 2160x1080 or something?

No.

 

In all the places (NVIDIA CP, Windows), it is set to 1920x1080.


When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Quackwich said:

Don't think a transistor died - seems like it stops where the borders of the monitor is, which is very weird. Also, are transistors in a line? Because it only happens across the top edge, and it's almost unnoticeable, but if you look at the comparison images in the OP, you'll see what I mean.

The way I understand monitors to work is a monitor is a grid kind of like a battleship game except much much larger. So to pick a pixel one would do something like “make b4 green” except of course much much larger.  Transistor is the wrong word most likely.  I think there’s a transistor on every pixel now. And for every color layer. Or something else.  A transistor would be if it’s a black and white standard lcd screen which these clearly aren’t.  If for some reason your “a” line died it could do this.  I’m thinking in grossly outdated tech.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
26 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The way I understand monitors to work is a monitor is a grid kind of like a battleship game except much much larger. So to pick a pixel one would do something like “make b4 green” except of course much much larger.  Transistor is the wrong word most likely.  I think there’s a transistor on every pixel now. And for every color layer. Or something else.  A transistor would be if it’s a black and white standard lcd screen which these clearly aren’t.  If for some reason your “a” line died it could do this.  I’m thinking in grossly outdated tech.

I think the way a monitor displays is based on what kind of panel it has. My monitor has a VA panel.


When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×