Thin Air Cooler+Heatshink for GPU

billyboi456

I recently purchased the KKSB K1 Mini ITX Case

I measured the length of card it fits and got over excited because when it arrived I realized that my GPU's heatsink is too wide for this. I have the GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super WINDFORCE OC 3X 8G

As GPUs are expensive and I wanted this build to run HL Alyx on an Index I'm not looking to swap out the card. Does anyone know of any third party fan+heatsink combos that I could put on this that would fit inside that case? Should I look to buy a dead card and take the cooler off of it?

Thanks!

You could be hosed.

I’m Trying to figure out if the card is even reference.  If it is such a thing might be possible.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rtx-2070-super-windforce-oc-3x.b7259  Has it listed as double slot crossed out to triple slot while 

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9212/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gaming-oc-review/index.html  Calls it 2.5.

which is encouraging.
The two problems I see:

1: the OC.  OC makes things hot and that card might run hotter than a standard 2070s.

2: the tweaktown review is the only one I can find and they didn’t take the card apart.  They do imply at the end of the article that it is non reference though which means it’s parts will not be in the same place as a reference board.

There is this

https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/accelero-xtreme-iii.html

Aftermarket GPU coolers sometimes (but not always or even often) fit non reference cards if they happened to leave the screw holes and gpu in the same spot.  No telling though.

the problem is it’s still quite long so I don’t know if it will fit your case, and I can’t tell if it’s even compatible with your card or not.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Thanks for the research! I appreciate it. I believe the first link you posted is the card I have and the second one is not. Their naming scheme is really confusing, they have a ton of very similar cards all with very similar names: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Graphics-Card/NVIDIA-Series Go there and uncheck all the boxes except "GeForce RTX 2070 Super" and you'll see what I mean. There are 9 cards there that all look very similar.

Well the good news is that the card will mount in the case The case is definitely long enough. But if I put it in, I can't put the side panel back on the case. It's not the end of the world, but it's also not ideal since the whole purpose of this was to make it portable and having parts dangling out of the side is not great. I may also look into getting more tiny fans to put in the case to improve airflow if I end up getting a "weaker" cooler.

48 minutes ago, billyboi456 said:

Thanks for the research! I appreciate it. I believe the first link you posted is the card I have and the second one is not. Their naming scheme is really confusing, they have a ton of very similar cards all with very similar names: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Graphics-Card/NVIDIA-Series Go there and uncheck all the boxes except "GeForce RTX 2070 Super" and you'll see what I mean. There are 9 cards there that all look very similar.

Well the good news is that the card will mount in the case The case is definitely long enough. But if I put it in, I can't put the side panel back on the case. It's not the end of the world, but it's also not ideal since the whole purpose of this was to make it portable and having parts dangling out of the side is not great. I may also look into getting more tiny fans to put in the case to improve airflow if I end up getting a "weaker" cooler.

I searched by gigabyte windforce OC x3.  If there’s more than one there’s more than one.   The key feature is if the board of the card is reference (done to exact Nvidia specs and according to their exact design) there is a good chance it will fit any other cooler that is also refrence.  If it isn’t refrence The manufacture followed their own rules and the chance that any other cooler will work is extremely low.  It’s not just where the parts and holes are.  It’s their exact height as well.  There is a reason that card is thick.  A thick card has more cooling.  That OC might need it.  It could be hot enough to not work with a smaller cooler.  Making sure you can reduce the OC and thus make the card slower, may be required for another cooler.  If you can find another cooler that fits but can’t reduce the clock you may still be screwed.  It’s not an issue with the generic cooler as it works with 2080tis which run even hotter.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.