why am i geting so low fps

storm05
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
1 hour ago, storm05 said:

do yuo think that upgrading my cpu to a i7 4770 or 4790 will dratecly cange the performence?

No it won't drastically change performance while it's  the same core die with unlocked multi and higher out of box clocks.

They will be increase only by a small amount.

Unfortunately, I have to be the bad guy and tell you to get closer to now generation of processors for a significant fps increase.

1 hour ago, br0dy said:

I have i7-4770k and you can see in my other thread I'm getting low FPS too. I'm thinking it might be power supply related.

I've read your thread. 

It's not the PSU. And if you believed that, you'd probably already had gotten a new one.

You also suffer from having just a really old architecture. 

Whatcha think? Half the IPC of a 9900K if even that??

No, you gentlemen are just do for an upgrade to something a little more modern honestly. 

And sorry for being forth coming. Just laying the truths on the table, your chips suck for todays computing. :P

6 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I've read your thread. 

It's not the PSU. And if you believed that, you'd probably already had gotten a new one.

You also suffer from having just a really old architecture. 

Whatcha think? Half the IPC of a 9900K if even that??

No, you gentlemen are just do for an upgrade to something a little more modern honestly. 

And sorry for being forth coming. Just laying the truths on the table, your chips suck for todays computing. :P

I have to respectfully disagree! You should reply to my thread if you’ve got a reason to believe it’s not my PSU. The 4770k is still very capable. I’m talking about an 8 year old game on an 8 year old CPU here. One that is overclocked and cooled well. Why would I have better performance with an older GPU? I think the jury’s still out on my thread. I’m continuing to troubleshoot!! I’m stubborn lol. and I have ordered the PSU weeks ago. Waiting for shipment. 

3 hours ago, br0dy said:

The 4770k is still very capable. 

Well most where "capable" of average 4ghz overclocks. I remember the 4ghz club well. Was in it. 

Your frame rate experience is that of 2013 spec rigs. 

It's capable to turn on, have much lower frame rates and totally bottle neck any modern Gpu.... But yeah, I agree it's capable. (insert Shrimp Being a smart ass here)