Ram compatability

Decided on upgrading my mobo to a b450 aorus board and adata xpg spectrix d60g 2x8gb 3200mhz ram. But my only issue is my cpu,  a ryzen 2300x, is not rated for 3200mhz ram. Will the ram still work correctly. 

15 minutes ago, scoobydoo10uk2000 said:

Decided on upgrading my mobo to a b450 aorus board and adata xpg spectrix d60g 2x8gb 3200mhz ram. But my only issue is my cpu,  a ryzen 2300x, is not rated for 3200mhz ram. Will the ram still work correctly. 

How do you know it isn't...?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

15 minutes ago, scoobydoo10uk2000 said:

Will the ram still work correctly. 

unless you get reallu unlucky, the ramkit is likely to work just fine

Your CPU has a memory spec of 2933MHz. Going over this is considered overclocking and technically results are not guaranteed. However you're only asking for a 266MHz overclock which isn't much and memory controllers in these Ryzen chips are quite stable you can usually go quite a bit higher before you really have to tinker with settings to get things to run stable. So you should be fine.

Worst case scenario. Let's say for reasons unknown it refuses to run at 3200MHz stably and we can't figure out why. You can run it at 2933MHz but tighten the timing. This will give you similar performance to if it were running at 3200MHz.

@scoobydoo10uk2000 - when you first power on - outside the case, ideally - go into the BIOS & check what DOCP (AMD version of XMP) options are available.  You may only get 3200MHz, but if there IS a slower option, choose that, as it may be easier for your 'board & CPU to live with.

DDR4 RAM usually defaults to 2133MHz (its' JEDEC minimum spec.); if that the only stable speed your RAM will run at, then saving up for a 3rd - or 4th, if they're released by then - Gen. Ryzen CPU that will more happily run with your RAM @ 3200MHz would be an option, too..

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!