Amazon Day and reduced prices?

More planning then building, but I was wondering as Amazon is going to be having its Amazon Day on the 15th, does that mean that other businesses (such as scan, ebuyer, etc.) are also likely to reduce their prices?

Prime Day rarely has good hardware deals. We'll probably see something like a $150 R5 3600 or a $100 1TB MX500, but that's usually the extent of it.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

5 minutes ago, TristanD79 said:

Amazon is going to be having its Amazon Day on the 15th

How do you know this? A quick google search suggest strongly otherwise. 

https://www.digitaltrends.com/dtdeals/best-amazon-prime-day-deals/#:~:text=Once expected to run from,that it could happen as

However to answer your question:

This means we can expect to see Best Buy and Walmart slashing prices of big-ticket items like Apple iPads and 4K TVs to compete with Amazon come Prime Day 2020.

It depends on the retailer. I dont know if UK retailers will do that, but the large US companies have done so in the past. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

37 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

How do you know this? A quick google search suggest strongly otherwise. 

https://www.digitaltrends.com/dtdeals/best-amazon-prime-day-deals/#:~:text=Once expected to run from,that it could happen as

However to answer your question:

It depends on the retailer. I dont know if UK retailers will do that, but the large US companies have done so in the past. 

Yes you are right, think it was meant to be the 15th I believe. But from a google search it seems to have been scrapped 

59 minutes ago, TristanD79 said:

More planning then building, but I was wondering as Amazon is going to be having its Amazon Day on the 15th, does that mean that other businesses (such as scan, ebuyer, etc.) are also likely to reduce their prices?

I'd bank on Amazon Warehouse over Prime Days for deals.

31 minutes ago, TristanD79 said:

Yes you are right, think it was meant to be the 15th I believe. But from a google search it seems to have been scrapped 

It would kind of be a shame to see a discount day scrapped but to be fair I don't normally have enough money to buy stuff on discount days anyway.