Unique build for Multi head Gaming/editing system on a Sailboat

Budget (including currency): $5k USD (or 2 equivalent gaming laptops)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Medium Duty Gaming. No need for 4k. 60fps 1080 is fine. Light Video Editing.

Other details  Here's the fun part:

My wife and I live on a small sailboat. I have a dream of building a single hard mounted PC that both she and I can game on as separate users similar to the "6 Editor 1 CPU" build 

Obvously $100000k is out of the budget range, but this is the idea. 

Input devices/Monitors may be anywhere from 2-20ft cable runs from the system.

Power is a concern, I can run 110v power but am limited to 2000w when on my batteries, so extreme power efficiency/low power standby would be needed.

Super Bonus, is there any way this can be run on a 12v system?

2 minutes ago, Larakin said:

Power is a concern, I can run 110v power but am limited to 2000w when on my batteries, so extreme power efficiency/low power standby would be needed.

2000w should be more than overkill for non but the most powerful pc's out there.

3 minutes ago, Larakin said:

Super Bonus, is there any way this can be run on a 12v system?

There are 12v to 12v PSU's out there, but even the best are limited to 400w.

https://hdplex.com/hdplex-400w-hi-fi-dc-atx-power-supply-16v-24v-wide-range-voltage-input.html

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

8 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

2000w should be more than overkill for non but the most powerful pc's out there.

There are 12v to 12v PSU's out there, but even the best are limited to 400w.

https://hdplex.com/hdplex-400w-hi-fi-dc-atx-power-supply-16v-24v-wide-range-voltage-input.html

2000 would be for everything on the boat, that is just an absolute max. I'm hoping to stick to <100w at idle, 5-600w max power, but less is best in my case.

Would 400w be capable of running a system with 2 video cards and multi users? Video cards don't have to be super powerful (1080/60) I know my current laptop maxes @ 180w. so I have to assume this is possible

Edit: Looking at the item linked. it is limited to 16v. "16V-30V wide range voltage input support, 6 layer 2oz copper PCB" seems designed for a 24v system.

what anthony shows in this videos is similar concept.yes its about mac os but basics are the same

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Just now, Larakin said:

would 400w be capable of running a system with 2 video cards and multi users? Video cards dont have to be super powerful (1080/60) I know my current laptop maxes @ 180w. so I have to assume this is possible

With careful selection of your video cards and cpu, and a reasonable understanding and expectations of power draw, you could make 400w work, though it would be tight. Laptops are heavelly tuned to be as efficient as possible in comparison to there desktop counter parts, so in theory the same could be done with a desktop as well.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.