On Site Speedruning Event with tons of USB devices

Bobigno

Budget (including currency): ~1000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Long term upgradable Streaming PC with a shit ton of USB Device

Other details: Currently have a 1060 6G Graphics card, and a 550W PSU 80 + Gold from corsair

So Here's the thing, I host a Streaming event where we uses too many USB Devices: 2 LGX HD Capture Cards, 2 GVUSB2 SD Capture Cards 4 C920 Webcams, 1 Stream Deck XL, 1 regular Stream Deck, 1 Soundcard, Mouse and Keyboard Combo and another but wireless. For a total of 14 USB devices with 8 USB 3.0 requiered.

The PC we used Last year had trouble with all that bandwith and I'm looking for Solutions to reduce the number of USB needed to run the event although I alsow want to be able to run all these device at the same time without bandwith bottelneck. This System will have to be upgradable for the next 2 CPU Generations at least ( x570 are already supposed to support Ryzen 4000 Cpus and I just hope AMD wont change the AM4 socket with the 5000 series)

I know most of High end x570 boards have ridiculous overkill VRMs for current gen Ryzen but would prob take adventage of those down the line. I'm kinda thorned on either picking a MsI Creation without any aditionnal card or get a Aorus Master/Asus ROG Formula 8 with add on expension cards to get a separate USB controller, Mobo will need to still have good enough feature set for futureproof. Here's my current planned part list for context: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Bobigno/saved/#view=tmhRTW

What would be the best solution to my USB bandwith problem? Is my current 550W PSU good enough for all this build? I plan to use this system for at least 7 to 10y with CPU/GPU/Ram possible upgrade down the line. Thx for helping me out on this!

I don't know much about USB bottlenecks, though high quality expansion cards with good controllers should definitely help. Possibly you could get something like a thunderbolt USB hub, and that might do the trick. 550W PSU leaves very little room in regards to upgrades, so that should be a focus for now.

Edited by Jae Tee

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

I include a 750W PSU in my Parts list and was just curious if I could get away with it for the event wich will takes place at the end of August so I can't even wait for 4000 bords to come out unfortunatly. My long term plan for the capture device is to be something like a Datapath Vision E2s with a Extron Crosspoint Splitter for RGB moded retro console and internal HDMI Capture card(s) for any HD content and Get something like the ATEM Mini Pro to handle Video.

Can't speak too much to USB but i had a quick look at your part picker list. Your mobo is EATX but the case you are looking at seems to only support up to ATX. Might need to check on that. Reason i was looking at the mobo was for the front USB 3 headers on the mobo. I have 2 on my X570 (MSI A Pro) but only 1 on my case and i have a spare USB 3 from an old case so i had been wandering what to do with it (if anything). You may be able to take advantage of that too if you have more than 1 header on the board you get.

It can fit a GodLike wich is 35.09 x 30.09 x 11.09 cm and the Creation is "only" 30.49 x 27.19 x 12.29 cm and Fractal Design website advertise this: EATX (up to 285 mm wide), ATX, mATX, ITX. I would have gone with a Meshify C otherwise.

Alsow the thing is, we used powered USB Hub on the previous Computer to plug in the excess stuff to the PC reserving the 3.0 ports to the Capture Cards and still had annoying disconnects and we had to refresh the capture devices between each setup so we could output proper gameplay and video everytime.