Pixel 4a Renders appear on Google Store ahead of launch

penguin8967

Summary

Official Pixel 4a Renders appear on the Google Store before launch, showing a rear fingerprint reader, single camera and a hole-punch display. Probably going to be on sale around the $300-400 mark. Rumoured to also have a Snapdragon 730 processor.

Launch date is predicted to be August 3rd.

image.png.c34dac8bdfa6c1adf2e0ddc8f3bf86f3.png

image.png.c6a0b15597be25b5dd9fc2842ff772c0.png

"We’ve heard all Pixel 4a models will have a 3080 mAh battery and 6GB of RAM, and all the latest evidence suggests that there will only be one storage size: 128GB." - 9to5google

https://9to5google.com/2020/07/13/official-google-pixel-4a-render-appears-on-the-google-store-ahead-of-launch/

https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/news/google-pixel-4a-launch-date-just-leaked-mark-your-calendars-for-august-3

🐧 penguin8967 🐧

Intel i5-9500, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, 1x 120mm Fan.

Upgrading soon to an ITX GTX 1650 (4GB).

🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧

haha another pixel leak have they ever released a product without an image of it released ahead of time?

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

I wish the phones went back to notch instead of a punch hole...

It wont be released in India in all likelihood as with their last phone, has anyone actually seen a pixel phone IRL? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

The hole punch is hideous, but it does look to have a headphone jack and I do really need to update my phone.  Will be paying close attention when this comes out.

21 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I wish the phones went back to notch instead of a punch hole...

It would be nice if they went back to before the notch completely.  Hell, they can get rid of the front camera altogether if that is what is needed.

2 minutes ago, Koeshi said:

Hell, they can get rid of the front camera altogether if that is what is needed.

I never even use my front camera lmao, I don't take selfies and stuff, the most I've ever used it for is a short video call.

🐧 penguin8967 🐧

Intel i5-9500, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, 1x 120mm Fan.

Upgrading soon to an ITX GTX 1650 (4GB).

🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧

That's cool and all, but I prefer a product that is actually for purchase and not artificially withheld from market because the ronas. Google lost a sale that Samsung gained.

8 minutes ago, penguin8967 said:

I never even use my front camera lmao, I don't take selfies and stuff

Same, I think my front camera has been used a couple of times out the novelty of having one and then never again.

Bloody hell why do people think the punch notch is a good idea

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Generically ugly. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Ugly phone, I do not know why Google is even coming out with a 4a with hopefully the Pixel 5 release is just around the corner, but thats if even Google is even going to release the 5 this year. I really need an upgrade over my Pixel 2 but guess I will be waiting.

The iPhone SE completely killed any interest I had in this phone. Well, the iPhone SE, the constantly pushed release date and the fact that Samsung has better phones out for the same amount of money killed my interest.

This is not the Android value-king I want.

I mean, let's compare it to the Galaxy A71 assuming the rumored specs and a 400 dollar price is true:

The galaxy A71 has these benefits:

• Cheaper (about 10% cheaper)
  • Larger (if you want that)
  • Better display (AMOLED vs LCD)
  • Twice the storage (128GB vs 64GB)
  • Expandable storage (microSD)
  • 50% more RAM (6GB vs 4GB)
  • More cameras and possibly better cameras as well (ultrawide is a big benefit at the very least, and better video recording)
  • Larger battery
  • Faster charging

Benefits of the Pixel 4a

• Smaller (if you want that)
  • No Samsung skinned Android (if you want that)
  • Maybe better camera software, although this seems to be mostly personal preference

I’m still not a fan of the camera bump. Get rid of it please.