No boot with Displayport

Hey so ive tried plugging in 2 monitors via display port into my 1080ti and i am unable to boot, i know that they are both certified display port cables, and i have the latest drivers and i have even installed the display port update for nvdia, but if i boot with just the hdmi monitor in i can boot and then plug both display port cables in and i get all 3 monitors back

Ddu the drivers. Try maybe a different cable. 

Did you buy this card second hand ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

The card ive had for a year now, and ive tried different cables and nothing and yes the card was bought used but unopened i will try dduing the drivers now

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

Ddu the drivers. Try maybe a different cable. 

Did you buy this card second hand ?

Just DDUed the drivers and nothing changed, the card worked when i used a DP to vga adapter but not now

2 minutes ago, T3DDY14 said:

the card worked when i used a DP to vga adapter but not now

Are you sure the card was not opened or used? It could be either a firmware problem ( if lets say it was used for mining) or just dead display port connecters. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

yea the box was sealed just had minor aethestic issues on the box, 

Are you sure the card was not opened or used? It could be either a firmware problem ( if lets say it was used for mining) or just dead display port connecters. 

How could i see if its firmware?

Just now, T3DDY14 said:

How could i see if its firmware?

Can you ask the seller if it was used for mining ? Check GPU z for any odd things. 

Build Log: 

Can you ask the seller if it was used for mining ? Check GPU z for any odd things. 

image.png

7 minutes ago, T3DDY14 said:

-snip-

Seems normal to me. Well the only thing that's left in my mind is maybe dead dp ports. Or maybe somehow you got more than one dead dp cable ( highly unlikely. ).

Oh and were you always using a dp to vga or dp to dp?

Build Log: 

i used to use hdmi-vga, hdmi-hdmi, dp-vga, and dvi-vga

ive just upgraded my 3 old monitors to newer ones 

Seems normal to me. Well the only thing that's left in my mind is maybe dead dp ports. Or maybe somehow you got more than one dead dp cable ( highly unlikely. ).

Oh and were you always using a dp to vga or dp to dp?

i thought it would be a dead dp port but it works fine after windows has booted which leads me to believe that its a software issue, ive also seen some stuff about uefi but i cant really update my motherboards uefi as its last update was in 2011

2 minutes ago, T3DDY14 said:

cant really update my motherboards uefi as its last update was in 2011

I'm going to assume it has a legacy bios. Try setting your GPU yo legacy bios mode  if possible and then check. 

3 minutes ago, T3DDY14 said:

thought it would be a dead dp port but it works fine after windows has booted which leads me to believe that its a software issue,

Try updating windows. Update the drivers and use ddu again. 

Build Log: 

I'm going to assume it has a legacy bios. Try setting your GPU yo legacy bios mode  if possible and then check. 

windows is up to date

how would i go about setting it to legacy bios, the motherboard is an asus p6t deluxe v2 so i would assume it is a legacy bios

5 minutes ago, T3DDY14 said:

how would i go about setting it to legacy bios

Can't seem to find it for this card. 

Use ddu again and try using the latest drivers. Also if possible don't use a VGA to DP but use a DP to DP cable. 

Build Log: 

Use ddu again and try using the latest drivers. Also if possible don't use a VGA to DP but use a DP to DP cable. 

okay am using a dp-dp for 2 monitors will try to reinstall the latest drivers

Okay tried with new drivers nothing changed really really weird, as it flickers during bios screen now when dp is plugged in

1 minute ago, T3DDY14 said:

as it flickers during bios screen now when dp is plugged in

Does it at least post an image?

Build Log: 

Does it at least post an image?

it shows the start up information like ram,cpu speed and then checks marvell adapter and hard drives then it flickers to the other processes and then it turns off to no signal and then the pc wont get into windows

3 minutes ago, T3DDY14 said:

then it turns off to no signal and then the pc wont get into windows

Ddu the drivers again. Clear the cmos.

And the try?  I'm really running out of ideas sadly. 

Build Log: 

Ddu the drivers again. Clear the cmos.

And the try?  I'm really running out of ideas sadly. 

I just ddu the drivers, cmos clears everytime i turn my pc off so dont think that would work, i have a feeling its something in the bios

Just now, T3DDY14 said:

, i have a feeling its something in the bios

I mean highly unlikely..

Build Log: 

I mean highly unlikely..

probably but its the only other thing i can think of, unless i got a cd with the monitors would that do anything?