Waiting years for a custom build...

Steve-O1989

To me this sounds like you've been scammed. You don't need 6 years to build a PC or whatever it is that you've ordered. You should report this to the Police and not let them get away with this. I really wanna hope for you that you ordered this from a legit Company and not from a Website that looks near identical to the real thing, because those exist and you can fake everything nowadays including having the same looking E-Mail address and phone numbers.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

2 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

You should report this to the Police and not let them get away with this

Whilst this should be reported the police most likely won't do anything whereas contacting trading standards is probably a more suitable way to solve the issue.

8 hours ago, Kilrah said:

You obviously didn't read the thread.

8 hours ago, RollinLower said:

reading is hard for some people.

i'm still very curious as to what company this is. if it's a legit company, you should have been treated a lot better to be honest. 

6 years is just insulting.

Oh I read it.

When he gets his pc and if he gets his pc (in 2026) it will be outdated.

Honestly it's not at all worth the wait, no computer is worth this kind of hassle, like said naming the company is only going to get them to A. Refund you or B. Fix their shit and get your computer to you. 6 years is way too long, without naming the company we won't be able to tell you if you were actually scammed or not but no company in their right mind would delay a build 6 years.... Naming them publicly and giving them an ultimatum would be your best bet, tell them if they can't get the computer finished and shipped to you before December or November, etc tell them to refund you, that is absolutely ridiculous.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

6 hours ago, FmPhenom said:

Oh I read it.

When he gets his pc and if he gets his pc (in 2026) it will be outdated.

No you didn't since he answered that particular concern and said they didn't freeze the hardware until they were done with the case and upgraded what would be put in along the way, he even listed the current specs it would have at the last stand...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

8 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

giving them an ultimatum would be your best bet, tell them if they can't get the computer finished and shipped to you before December or November, etc tell them to refund you

Yeah thats exactly what I did last night. Set a deadline of Aug 31st or I'd expect a full refund. Received a reply shortly after confirming that they understood and would have the build done by that date.

If its not, regardless of whether or not I get the refund, I'll name and shame.

Appreciate the kick up the rear end from folk calling me a fool, rightly so. Check back in a month for the gory details.

He said he's in the UK but the company is "the other side of the world", so probably Australia. Not easy to sue given that.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

21 hours ago, Steve-O1989 said:

Thanks for the replys so far.

Guess i should have included in the original post:

The hardware for the build has been kept up to date, selling old parts and buying new ones at no extra cost to me. As per an agreement after the original set backs. That along with the custom paint, water cooling etc means I'm still getting the same value as i would have 6 years ago. Thats pretty much the only reason I've shown the patience that I have.

Specs as of last "upgrade" were:

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K.
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Code XI
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB.
Graphics: RTX 2080 SLI.
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB.
HDD: Western Digital Black 2TB.
PSU: Corsair AX1200i.

It's already outdated in it's current revision now and by august 31st even more so with the rtx3000 launch.

On 7/13/2020 at 5:44 AM, Steve-O1989 said:

This involves a company who's products LTT have used and reviewed a fair bit, the company is quite small in the grand scheme of things and I think what they do is pretty amazing. So I won't mention the company by name as I don't want to bad mouth them publicly.

I ordered and paid for a custom system and have yet to receive the finished build from the company. I have now been waiting over 6 years...

Can you give me a PM as to what is the company and what they do, I can not see what I can help you if I do not understand and explaining it won't help because of the 6 years thing even though you typed your reasons.

1 hour ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

Can you give me a PM as to what is the company and what they do, I can not see what I can help you if I do not understand and explaining it won't help because of the 6 years thing even though you typed your reasons.

Unless you work for the company, there is no way you can help. 

9 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Unless you work for the company, there is no way you can help. 

Just wondering what company take 6 years to get up their product. And give any help recommendation that is in my power.

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:10 AM, Steve-O1989 said:

I put a 30 day time limit on completion and if I get nothing by then I'll push for getting my money back.

The 30 days has passed. You get your PC or money back?

Singularity Computers?

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

After 6 years of jerking him around there's no doubt in my mind that they failed to deliver on this final deadline.

@FmPhenom @Vitamanic @SPARTAN VI

Since this thread is coming back and I don’t know if/when op will return, I’ll share what they told me when I reached out about a week ago. 

Hi,

So the mods, paint etc were just about complete as of the end of August.

However with the Nvidia 3000 series cards officially announced right at the deadline I set and considering the reported jump in power from the 2000 series, we agreed to push back the deadline until the new cards are released.

Along with the gpu upgrade it was also agreed that the cpu be upgraded from the 9900k to the 10900k, this way I'm getting the latest parts as per our previous agreement.

So fingers crossed I get my hands on it after nvidia releases the 3080. If I don't, I'll post up on the forum about the whole thing company name included.

I’m assuming they are ok with me sharing this on here, but if not @Steve-O1989, let me know and I will remove this. Sorry if it’s not ok with you.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

holy potato. god bless you op

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

48 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

@FmPhenom @Vitamanic @SPARTAN VI

Since this thread is coming back and I don’t know if/when op will return, I’ll share what they told me when I reached out about a week ago. 

I’m assuming they are ok with me sharing this on here, but if not @Steve-O1989, let me know and I will remove this. Sorry if it’s not ok with you.

Jeez. He’s a saint! 

I was just kind of throwing Singularity out there as it fit with his description, though I can’t imagine someone with his profile would do this to a client.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

23 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

Hi,

So the mods, paint etc were just about complete as of the end of August.

However with the Nvidia 3000 series cards officially announced right at the deadline I set and considering the reported jump in power from the 2000 series, we agreed to push back the deadline until the new cards are released.

Along with the gpu upgrade it was also agreed that the cpu be upgraded from the 9900k to the 10900k, this way I'm getting the latest parts as per our previous agreement.

So fingers crossed I get my hands on it after nvidia releases the 3080. If I don't, I'll post up on the forum about the whole thing company name included

Sniff, sniff.

Being from Texas, I know bull$}{!t when I smell it.

First off, 6 years and you still have hope it'll turn up?

...and now you are waiting for the 30xx series...

It...will...never...arrive...EVER.

Surely, you must realise this, OP.

They could have been working one day a week with one arm tied behind their back and it still wouldn't take half that time.

Demand an immediate refund or delivery of goods within 10-14 days if you believe it is still legitimate...or, and I know it's hard, but accept you were burned and move on.

All the the time they keep stringing you along and have you waiting it never ends and you never draw a line under it and move on.

I hope it does, somehow, get sorted though...but enough is enough. 

Either demand delivery or a refund...and if neither are forthcoming move on.

On 7/13/2020 at 3:15 PM, LogicalDrm said:

I hope its not Singularity

That's been my fear as well reading the thread.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

On 7/13/2020 at 8:44 AM, Steve-O1989 said:

New to the forum so forgive me if this should be posted elsewhere.

This involves a company who's products LTT have used and reviewed a fair bit, the company is quite small in the grand scheme of things and I think what they do is pretty amazing. So I won't mention the company by name as I don't want to bad mouth them publicly.

I ordered and paid for a custom system and have yet to receive the finished build from the company. I have now been waiting over 6 years...

I have dozens of emails dating back over the years, asking for updates and progress. With the exception of a couple of genuine set backs, i now only get back the same points of progress repeating every few months with little to no evidence.

This was my first time dealing with a company like this, so I'm really not sure how to deal with the problem. Continue to wait and hope i get my hands on the finished build someday or ask for a full refund and risk p*ssing them off if work and time has been put into it? If anyone has any advice at all that could help me i'd appreciate it greatly. Happy to provide more details if necessary.

This has to be a troll post.

6 years for a PC? It's not a custom CAR build.

6 years has covered many generations of products being launched and made obsolete.

Piss them off?!  What can they do, not give you a PC and keep your money?!  Oh wait...

I'd contact Linus and publicly blast the absolute fuck out of the company.

If this is real, which I seriously doubt.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

Dude...you don't wait 6 years after paying for something to start going "Hmmm, maybe I should do something about this". You don't even wait 6 months. I understand that it's a custom job and setbacks happen, but...6 years?!?! People get houses built in less than a year. A house. You've been scammed. They took your money and laughed at you.

Be more responsible with you money man, and don't let people take you for a ride...