Waiting years for a custom build...

Steve-O1989

New to the forum so forgive me if this should be posted elsewhere.

This involves a company who's products LTT have used and reviewed a fair bit, the company is quite small in the grand scheme of things and I think what they do is pretty amazing. So I won't mention the company by name as I don't want to bad mouth them publicly.

I ordered and paid for a custom system and have yet to receive the finished build from the company. I have now been waiting over 6 years...

I have dozens of emails dating back over the years, asking for updates and progress. With the exception of a couple of genuine set backs, i now only get back the same points of progress repeating every few months with little to no evidence.

This was my first time dealing with a company like this, so I'm really not sure how to deal with the problem. Continue to wait and hope i get my hands on the finished build someday or ask for a full refund and risk p*ssing them off if work and time has been put into it? If anyone has any advice at all that could help me i'd appreciate it greatly. Happy to provide more details if necessary.

6 years??!! You should demand for a refund or some explanation. sounds like they may have just forgotten or the order got lost at some point. If LTT have made video on their products i assume they are a fairly decent sized brand or whatever so you should try and find out what happened because this just sounds bizarre. 

Also welcome to the forum :)

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

There's pretty much no detail to work from in that post, but if you've been waiting for 6 years for something "p*ssing them off if work and time has been put into it" is the least of your worries. If it's computer related the whole thing would be worthless at this point anyway. Get a refund, if you can... should probably have done that 5.5 years ago.

But then again since you say nothing about what it is maybe that doesn't apply...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

As much as you don't want to badmouth them just mention them. Bad publicity really gets them going and you more than deserve to get your stuff sorted out after 6 years. Push for a refund as this is just typical keeping you on the hook type of bs till you give up or forget about it. That and don't accept to product you got from them 6 years ago as well that stuff will be so stupid far behind by now.

6 years? As in the earth has orbited the sun six times? There is no build ever that takes 6 years. Jay's never ending Post Malone build that he still gets ragged on for only took like a year. I mean at this point, whatever you ordered was already obsolete 3 years ago.

I'm not even sure what steps you could take now. You can request a refund. It's not like you can dispute the charge after 6 years. Otherwise, you'd probably just have to sue them, but depending on how much you spent, it might cost more to do that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Thanks for the replys so far.

Guess i should have included in the original post:

The hardware for the build has been kept up to date, selling old parts and buying new ones at no extra cost to me. As per an agreement after the original set backs. That along with the custom paint, water cooling etc means I'm still getting the same value as i would have 6 years ago. Thats pretty much the only reason I've shown the patience that I have.

Specs as of last "upgrade" were:

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K.
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Code XI
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB.
Graphics: RTX 2080 SLI.
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB.
HDD: Western Digital Black 2TB.
PSU: Corsair AX1200i.

4 minutes ago, Steve-O1989 said:

Thats pretty much the only reason I've shown the patience that I have.

29 minutes ago, Steve-O1989 said:

I have now been waiting over 6 years...

You're probably not going to like what i have to say, but either you're a freaking saint, or you're a massive idiot. Demand a refund right now and be done with them. There is absolutely nothing they could say at this point that you should accept that isn't "ok here's your money back". If they can't put together a PC after 6 years of having your money, they are not worth doing business with.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I would give them a deadline to do it soon. If they don't, get a refund. No PC is worth waiting 6 years for.

What is their reasoning for taking so long?

I get that you don't want to bad mouth the company, but this is absurd what they've done. Can you please tell us what the company is?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Have they at least been sending you pictures of the system at each iteration? Otherwise being told the system is being kept up to date is as good as that million dollar cheque from that nigerian prince.

If they have, at least share that with is too 

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

Have they at least been sending you pictures of the system at each iteration? Otherwise being told the system is being kept up to date is as good as that million dollar cheque from that nigerian prince.

If they have, at least share that with is too 

I received a couple fo pictures early on (2014/2015) of work on the case mods, however this was scrapped and started again from scratch after a set back in the company.

More recently I have received a picture of the paint work on the side panel.

The concensus of opinion is pretty obvious. Guess i just needed to be told I was being an idiot letting this go on for so long. Ill put a 30 day time limit on completion and if I get nothing by then I'll push for getting my money back.

P1030029.JPG

IMG_3928.JPG

AuroraPaint.JPG

5 minutes ago, Steve-O1989 said:

Ill put a 30 day time limit on completion

On top of the 2190 days you have already given them?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

And the saddest part is...…...

The PC will be outdated by the time you receive it🤣

spacer.png

1 minute ago, FmPhenom said:

And the saddest part is...…...

The PC will be outdated by the time you receive it🤣

You obviously didn't read the thread.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You obviously didn't read the thread.

reading is hard for some people.

i'm still very curious as to what company this is. if it's a legit company, you should have been treated a lot better to be honest. 

6 years is just insulting.

Damn you have patience of a saint to wait six years! I don't see what so special about this custom build and why you are waiting so long. Seems they are taking you for a ride or you are trolling us.

Is it possible to meet the people at the company to ask straight up why your build is taking so long ?

And I thought I was patient...

I feel like they are taking OP for a run and never intended to send them a PC.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

22 minutes ago, j.son19 said:

Is it possible to meet the people at the company to ask straight up why your build is taking so long ?

Unfortunately not. Im in the UK, company in question is the otherside of the world.

9 minutes ago, Steve-O1989 said:

Unfortunately not. Im in the UK, company in question is the otherside of the world.

Oh that's a shame :( hope you can eventually get your PC in the near future.

3 hours ago, Steve-O1989 said:

Well, thats contributing to things. I hope its not Singularity or Puget. Those two are pretty much only custom builders I would have some trust. Rest I wouldn't buy from unless I could go in the shop and see things for myself. UK used to have good modding community with professionals back 6 years ago. So biggest question is, why didn't you go with domestic? I think TTL even was still doing custom builds at that point.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

sounds like OP was scammed pretty hard , good luck getting your money back now. my bank wont go back past 6 months for claims , but your luck on that may vary. take them to small claims court and good luck. 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

He ordered from the other side of the world so he's entirely at the mercy of their good will, suing internationally is basically impossible so he's got little leverage.

He needs to go with strong words, and if they continue throwing him around the only avenue left would be going full on with bad press. Maybe he could send a message to LMG explaining the situation since there was a recommendation from them. But it's been so ridiculously long that maybe LMG has been out of a relationship with them for many years as well, in which case it would be kind of moot too. That's stuff you get sorted within 6 months, not 6 years.

F@H

GPD Win 2

27 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Puget

Unfortunately that’s the only company I could see it being. I don’t know of any others that have been a sponsor or affiliated with lmg that do this type of customization.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

21 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Unfortunately that’s the only company I could see it being. I don’t know of any others that have been a sponsor or affiliated with lmg that do this type of customization.

The modders whose names escape me are among. Puget, afaik, is more towards boutique builds, not full customs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv