Case: Lian li tu150 

Worried about the cables in front of psu exhaust

image.jpg

1 minute ago, HenrikTJ said:

PSU: Corsair sf750

image.jpg

is this a mini itx build? why cant the cables be moved away properly?

it wont affect thermals THAAT bad, but it is of course better to move them away.

😕

3 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

image.jpg

Any reason you have the cables there? Not really supposed to put them there. It won't be that bad but since it's an itx build impeding ariflow isn't great.

7 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

image.jpg

That ain't a great pic. for context; are they what's left of essential cables?

TG it's an SFX PSU...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

8 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

is this a mini itx build? why cant the cables be moved away properly?

it wont affect thermals THAAT bad, but it is of course better to move them away.

Yes it is. Ive had to be a bit creative with the cable management since i wanted to have little to no visible cables from the front. Thing is, corsairs psu cables were a bit short, so i needed extentions, which in hindsight i realise were a bit long.... luckily this case has room for cable management under the top lid... butt the only cut-out from the top lid to the back of the case is as you see on the pic, right above the psu exhaust

Yes it is. Ive had to be a bit creative with the cable management since i wanted to have little to no visible cables from the front. Thing is, corsairs psu cables were a bit short, so i needed extentions, which in hindsight i realise were a bit long.... luckily this case has room for cable management under the top lid... butt the only cut-out from the top lid to the back of the case is as you see on the pic, right above the psu exhaust

i dont know how that case looks like tbh; maybe try to take apart all the cables, plug them in one byone, and make sure to route each cable appropriately before plugging in the next one

its better to decrease the factors that could restrict airflow in your case and botch our PC's performance

😕

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Any reason you have the cables there? Not really supposed to put them there. It won't be that bad but since it's an itx build impeding ariflow isn't great.

Ive had to route them there because i needed extention cables to achieve the least visible amount of wires from the front. Thing is, only cut-out from the top of the lid to the back is right avove the psu

Just now, HenrikTJ said:

Ive had to route them there because i needed extention cables to achieve the least visible amount of wires from the front. Thing is, only cut-out from the top of the lid to the back is right avove the psu

Bit annoying design but if that's the only way you can do it no much to do about it.

Are the supplied cables too short...?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

2 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Are the supplied cables too short...?

Yup! But they are long enough for just directly connecting them without any care for cable management

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Bit annoying design but if that's the only way you can do it no much to do about it.

Yes true. Although in the end, i do appreciate better performance than better looks, so i might just have to redo the cables

7 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

i dont know how that case looks like tbh; maybe try to take apart all the cables, plug them in one byone, and make sure to route each cable appropriately before plugging in the next one

its better to decrease the factors that could restrict airflow in your case and botch our PC's performance

Ye! Ill probs do that. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

Yup! But they are long enough for just directly connecting them without any care for cable management

I'd be inclined to go custom length/connector qty cables...

WHY NOT...?!

2 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

I'd be inclined to go custom length/connector qty cables...

Ye! I did consider that before buying those  basic extention cables. Thing is, this is my

first build and i didnt exactly go all out as far as the specs go. So i couldnt exactly justify ordering custom cables rather than some basic ones from phanteks...

Ye! I did consider that before buying those  basic extention cables. Thing is, this is my

first build and i didnt exactly go all out as far as the specs go. So i couldnt exactly justify ordering custom cables rather than some basic ones from phanteks...

Brave first build... :)

WHY NOT...?!

Zip ties.

In Taiwan, the Corsair SF750 model was reported to have sparkle issues repeatedly. Just be careful when you use this power supply.

FYI