Can anyone help me find the exact name of this graphics card?

heylookbatista
Go to solution Solved by heylookbatista,
3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh then it's most likely just wrong reading of the card or a unofficial cutdown version. The 7000m and 8000m series mid range is a big mess and a lot of things happened there that just kinda make you go huh?

44 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

HD 8670M, but the shader count doesn't really match to what I found online. It could be a more cutdown version maybe.

8600M Series. That's not the exact model of the GPU.

Oh, thanks, guys. Appreciate your help.

What do you mean by exact name? It's right there: Radeon HD 8600M.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

HD 8670M, but the shader count doesn't really match to what I found online. It could be a more cutdown version maybe.

3 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

It's right there: Radeon HD 8600M.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

8670M, but the shader count doesn't really match to what I found online. It could be a more cutdown version maybe.

Yes, that's what I'm confused about. The specs don't match to anything. 

7 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

does it say in the adrenalin software?

Yes, the same. 8600M Series.

1 minute ago, heylookbatista said:

Yes, the same. 8600M Series.

Is this an apu laptop? As in apu + dedicated gpu?

30 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Is this an apu laptop? As in apu + dedicated gpu?

no, it isn't

Edited by heylookbatista
misread

9 minutes ago, heylookbatista said:

yes

apu + dedicated gpu

Oh well explains. Those laptops pretty much across the board have wrong gpu-z readouts and massive driver install headaches usually so it's probably just reading the wrong amount of cores as it's detecting 2 different gpu's and just messing things up because of that. Don't worry too much about it. Will still perform the same. Just disable the dual graphics crossfire stuff if you want better performance in games as it kinda just doesn't work well and causes more issues than it helps.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh well explains. Those laptops pretty much across the board have wrong gpu-z readouts and massive driver install headaches usually so it's probably just reading the wrong amount of cores as it's detecting 2 different gpu's and just messing things up because of that. Don't worry too much about it. Will still perform the same. Just disable the dual graphics crossfire stuff if you want better performance in games as it kinda just doesn't work well and causes more issues than it helps.

oh i'm so sorry. i misread the above comment. it is an intel cpu i3-4010u.

1 minute ago, heylookbatista said:

oh i'm so sorry. i misread the above comment. it is an intel cpu i3-4010u.

Oh then it's most likely just wrong reading of the card or a unofficial cutdown version. The 7000m and 8000m series mid range is a big mess and a lot of things happened there that just kinda make you go huh?

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

44 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Oh, thanks, guys. Appreciate your help.