Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heylookbatista

Can anyone help me find the exact name of this graphics card?

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh then it's most likely just wrong reading of the card or a unofficial cutdown version. The 7000m and 8000m series mid range is a big mess and a lot of things happened there that just kinda make you go huh?

44 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

HD 8670M, but the shader count doesn't really match to what I found online. It could be a more cutdown version maybe.

8600M Series. That's not the exact model of the GPU.

Oh, thanks, guys. Appreciate your help.

HD 8670M, but the shader count doesn't really match to what I found online. It could be a more cutdown version maybe.

3 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

It's right there: Radeon HD 8600M.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K (w/ TG Hydronaut) | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Intel 660p 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | WD Green 2TB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra (w/ TG Hydronaut @ 0.95V) | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout USB-C

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Peripherals: Steelseries Rival 600 & Logitech MX Master 3 | Ducky Shine 7 Gunmetal (Cherry MX Brown) | Sennheiser Game One | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Laptop:  Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2018 - i5-8259U | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Mateyyy said:

8670M, but the shader count doesn't really match to what I found online. It could be a more cutdown version maybe.

Yes, that's what I'm confused about. The specs don't match to anything. 

1 minute ago, heylookbatista said:

Yes, the same. 8600M Series.

Is this an apu laptop? As in apu + dedicated gpu?

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP
30 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Is this an apu laptop? As in apu + dedicated gpu?

no, it isn't

Edited by heylookbatista
misread
9 minutes ago, heylookbatista said:

yes

apu + dedicated gpu

Oh well explains. Those laptops pretty much across the board have wrong gpu-z readouts and massive driver install headaches usually so it's probably just reading the wrong amount of cores as it's detecting 2 different gpu's and just messing things up because of that. Don't worry too much about it. Will still perform the same. Just disable the dual graphics crossfire stuff if you want better performance in games as it kinda just doesn't work well and causes more issues than it helps.

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh well explains. Those laptops pretty much across the board have wrong gpu-z readouts and massive driver install headaches usually so it's probably just reading the wrong amount of cores as it's detecting 2 different gpu's and just messing things up because of that. Don't worry too much about it. Will still perform the same. Just disable the dual graphics crossfire stuff if you want better performance in games as it kinda just doesn't work well and causes more issues than it helps.

oh i'm so sorry. i misread the above comment. it is an intel cpu i3-4010u.

1 minute ago, heylookbatista said:

oh i'm so sorry. i misread the above comment. it is an intel cpu i3-4010u.

Oh then it's most likely just wrong reading of the card or a unofficial cutdown version. The 7000m and 8000m series mid range is a big mess and a lot of things happened there that just kinda make you go huh?

Posted · Original PosterOP · Best Answer
3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

44 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Oh, thanks, guys. Appreciate your help.