Will Asus replace my laptop?

Hi, I have a Asus laptop called Asus vivobook s14.

Specs

Intel core i5 8th gen

Nvidia geforce mx150

8gb ram 

128gb SSD 1tb HDD

Haswarrenty

Now, my graphics card was not getting detected. Sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't. So, I took it to the customer service. They replaced the m/b because the processor was soldered into the m/b, when they replaced the m/b they couldn't find a m/b with a i5 so they replaced the i5 with an i7 8th gen. We did pay for the upgrade. When the laptop came back I turned it on and BOOM. The GPU was detected but it was not working. So, we took it to the customer service again. And today it came back and BOOM it's was not working. So, we took it back to the customer service. Now, my question is will I get a new laptop if it can't be fixed for free. Or will I get back the money I paid for the laptop if it can't be fixed?

3 minutes ago, I am not so ethic said:

when they replaced the m/b they couldn't find a m/b with a i5 so they replaced the i5 with an i7 8th gen. We did pay for the upgrade.

Where did you take it to exactly? A normal repair shop or something under Asus?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

If you didn't take it to the Asus service centre, you just voided the warranty so nobody will replace anything.

Also, did you DDU the video drivers or are you replacing boards hoping the card will work without drivers?

1 hour ago, gloop said:

Where did you take it to be repaired? The official Asus helpline or a different place?

I took it to the place where I brought it from. They took it to the official asus helpline

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

Where did you take it to exactly? A normal repair shop or something under Asus?

I took it to the place where I brought it. They took it to the official asus helpline

Just now, I am not so ethic said:

They took it to the official asus helpline

If they did. I guess you can try if it's under warranty. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

If you didn't take it to the Asus service centre, you just voided the warranty so nobody will replace anything.

Also, did you DDU the video drivers or are you replacing boards hoping the card will work without drivers

I took it to the place I brought it from and they send it to the official asus helpline

I did everything I can do without touching any hardware

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

If they did. I guess you can try if it's under warranty. 

What can I try? It is under warranty

2 minutes ago, I am not so ethic said:

I took it to the place I brought it from and they send it to the official asus helpline

I did everything I can do without touching any hardware

Did you install a clean Nvidia driver?

1 minute ago, I am not so ethic said:

What can I try?

RMA'ing the laptop.  

Build Log: 

9 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Did you install a clean Nvidia driver?

I updated my Nvidia driver

9 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

RMA'ing the laptop.  

What is RMA'ing the laptop

Can anyone please reply quickly?

2 minutes ago, I am not so ethic said:

What is RMA'ing the laptop

Sending it back. And they can send you a replacement unit. Or getting your money back. 

Just now, I am not so ethic said:

They don't have to. People have things to do btw. 

Edited by TofuHaroto

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Sending it back. And they can send you a replacement unit. Or getting your money back. 

But the resend time was 30 days

Can I still get my money back?

1 minute ago, I am not so ethic said:

Can I still get my money back?

Depends. We can't know. They might if it's still under warranty. If you voided it. Then they won't accept it or you'll have to pay for a new one or nothing happens and they send you the faulty unit back. 

Build Log: 

Can anyone reply quickly

9 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Depends. We can't know. They might if it's still under warranty. If you voided it. Then they won't accept it or you'll have to pay for a new one or nothing happens and they send you the faulty unit back. 

Thx you very much for your feedback

9 hours ago, I am not so ethic said:

No.

9 hours ago, I am not so ethic said:

Can anyone reply quickly

Still no. This is community forum. If you want fast help, you contact someone getting paid to answer you. I have patience for customers only at work, so I don't really like when people spam on forums just because they are impatient or are suddenly in hurry and post in a last minute. Triple-posts and pointless merged.

Anyway, country? Consumer laws vary between region very much. I only know how things work on majority of EU. Some Aus and Can included as they have similar protection. The basic of good consumer protection is that warranty is valid 1-3 years from purchase date. Moneyback is per store, but all are required to have 14-30 days. You can't really demand fresh laptop. The store has instructions from Asus how to handle things and they will follow those instructions. If you are from country with better consumer protection, you can complain to authorities and get it sorted. But this will take time, and effort.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, I am not so ethic said:

Can anyone reply quickly

Here in the US return windows are on the retailers policy. Ive seen anywhere from 14 days to 30 days. So you need to see what the retailer does, remember if your outside the US, the consumer protection laws are going to be different, so you will also need to figure out what the law is in your area. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.