Best option for me

MKSanic

So my room has no internet because my house is very long and there are many walls(2 concrete, not drywall) between the router and my room. I cant move the router because of the fibre optic cable's length. Its too expensive to the ethernet all the way to my room(~$600) in my area. My house is quite old(~20 years) so im not very sure about powerline. What is the best option for me to get internet speeds as close as possible as direct ethernet? budget around $300 usd

1 hour ago, MKSanic said:

Its too expensive to the ethernet all the way to my room(~$600) in my area.

Where are you getting that quote from? A professional installer?

Cat5e cable is fairly inexpensive on Amazon. Just get the length you need and run it yourself. Run it along ceiling/wall edge by fixing it with cable tacks to make it look neat. Done!

1 hour ago, Falcon1986 said:

Where are you getting that quote from? A professional installer?

Cat5e cable is fairly inexpensive on Amazon. Just get the length you need and run it yourself. Run it along ceiling/wall edge by fixing it with cable tacks to make it look neat. Done!

i live in a hdb https://www.google.com/search?q=hdb&oq=hdb&aqs=chrome..69i57j46j0l6.2415j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

13 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

So you can't run your own cables?

yup

On 7/13/2020 at 5:04 AM, MKSanic said:

So my room has no internet because my house is very long and there are many walls(2 concrete, not drywall) between the router and my room. I cant move the router because of the fibre optic cable's length. Its too expensive to the ethernet all the way to my room(~$600) in my area. My house is quite old(~20 years) so im not very sure about powerline. What is the best option for me to get internet speeds as close as possible as direct ethernet? budget around $300 usd

You have 4 options.

1) Run Ethernet (you claim this is off the table)

2) Use WiFi (You state that you have concrete walls in the way) 

3) Power line adapters (Generally they won't provide the rated speed for the adapters. The quality of the electrical wiring will make or break if it works or not).

4) Moca, this uses coax. In many places Coax is pre run. The issue with Moca is that its expensive and depending on if your using the same coax for internet and or TV, you will need to have a Moca filter put on the main cable line leading to your home. Moca adapters can do Gigabit speeds I believe, at least the 2.5version can. BUT Moca is half duplex, meaning it only communicates one direction at a time, so there might be some speed loss. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.