New Computer Build

Johny331

Im looking at building a new gaming desktop.

part list 

Cpu: i9 10900k

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler 360mm Radiator

Motherboard: MSI MEG Z490 GODLIKE

Ram: 64Gb DDR 3600MHz

GPU: 2x 2080ti or 30 series GPU

PSU: 1600W  fully modular 

You appear to have picked the best part from every list available, what do you want us to do? Applaud

👏

There you go.

no i want to know is it to much overkill 

SLI is dying out, unless you have a really specific workload that will benefit from it, (which if your just gaming you won't) then you just want the single best GPU you can get. 1600 Watts is also major overkill, but having modularity is a nice touch. Single GPU, even overclocking, anything under 1000 Watts is fine tbh, I can't think of too many systems that are so power hungry that they need 1000+ Watt PSUs (with the exception being mining rigs). 

Also its worth looking at the AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT which just dropped this month. You could say technically nothing is overkill, since eventually the parts will become old and slow, its just going to take a REALLY  long time for that to occur. GPUs do need to be more frequently updated, however if the 30XX series GPUs hit pretty nice FPS on 4k monitor setups, then even the rate you need to update your GPU to keep up with your expectations could slow down. At the end of the day its all about what you want out of your gaming computer that determines what you need. You can always go beyond what you desire though.

Oh ok i was only SLI for Vr gaming 

3 minutes ago, Johny331 said:

Oh ok i was only SLI for Vr gaming 

not going to help, the rtx2080ti is still overkill imo for all the vr games i know of at the moment, so 1 will definitely be fine.