Suspicious Power Supply

Hello, I am in the proccess of updating parts for my future PC since prices have gona up significantly and I needed to update my part list I have alreadly chosen most of them.

Ryzen 3 2200G

Gigabyte DS3H b450m

2x4GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM

and the SSD I put on my old laptop (yeah we are going full budget here)

For the power Supply I simply just wouldn't be able to fit reputable brands like Corsair, EVGA, Seasonic, etc so I started looking and found one manufacturer from my own country that makes these and this is what I found:
TL;DR: I need a professional opinion on this Brazilian PSU  or an opinion on this from someone who alreadly had it to see if it's reliable or if I'm buying a one use smoke machine.

Link to manufacturer's website:

https://www.brazilpc.com.br/fonte-atx-500w-real-pfc-ativo-24-pinos

Hi, I am from Brazil and I pretend on building a Ryzen 2200G build. (to convert to Brazil's currency look up <your currcency> to BRL)

1 minute ago, Trigonomancer said:

Hello, I am in the proccess of updating parts for my future PC since prices have gona up significantly and I needed to update my part list I have alreadly chosen most of them.

Ryzen 3 2200G

Gigabyte DS3H b450m

2x4GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM

and the SSD I put on my old laptop (yeah we are going full budget here)

For the power Supply I simply just wouldn't be able to fit reputable brands like Corsair, EVGA, Seasonic, etc so I started looking and found one manufacturer from my own country that makes these and this is what I found:
TL;DR: I need a professional opinion on this Brazilian PSU  or an opinion on this from someone who alreadly had it to see if it's reliable or if I'm buying a one use smoke machine.

Link to manufacturer's website:

https://www.brazilpc.com.br/fonte-atx-500w-real-pfc-ativo-24-pinos

AVOID... run as fast as you can AWAY from that.

PSU's are facing stupid pricing at the moment because of factory shutdowns & lack of supply... you'll need to save or wait a bit longer for prices to stabilise.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

what is your budget for a psu? maybe someone could recommend a decent one in the price range if we know what it is.

edit: also, the other big reason psu's are so pricey atm, people buy as many as possible, make sure the market is dry, then resell them at whatever mark up they want, 150% 200% ect... covid brings out the worst in some people.

1 hour ago, Trigonomancer said:

For the power Supply I simply just wouldn't be able to fit reputable brands like Corsair, EVGA, Seasonic, etc

Why?

10 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Why?

Because poor Brazil, he can get that crap for like 18USD, while CV450 costs 55$ and CX550 70$, so he rather get a firehazard and save up money for years again if it kills something or is aiming for insurance fraud.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

4 hours ago, Ralf said:

Because poor Brazil, he can get that crap for like 18USD, while CV450 costs 55$ and CX550 70$, so he rather get a firehazard and save up money for years again if it kills something or is aiming for insurance fraud.

$70 for a CX550 seems reasonable to me.  Even in Brazil, with power supplies, you get what you pay for.  It's easy to make a < $20 power supply if you don't care about how long it lasts and how much hardware it damages.  It takes a lot more work to make something that's not a bomb.  There really isn't much of an "in between".

Check out Ronaldo's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRbuass

ah yes, the 900mV ripple experience

It is but human, to err, to buy a PSU, akin to dirt,

but fret not, young Padawan, for we will tell you, 

what will become, of that, which you have earned

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2020 at 2:44 PM, Juular said:

This thumbnail is enough so answer OP's question, correct reaction to almost 1V ripple.

Uhh sorry for coming back after suck a loooooooooong time but I don't see them testing the Brazil PC font on this video at any point, also they like to blow up PSUs (yes) are you sure didn't get those results from one of those videos?

Hi, I am from Brazil and I pretend on building a Ryzen 2200G build. (to convert to Brazil's currency look up <your currcency> to BRL)

On 7/13/2020 at 2:17 PM, jonnyGURU said:

$70 for a CX550 seems reasonable to me.  Even in Brazil, with power supplies, you get what you pay for.  It's easy to make a < $20 power supply if you don't care about how long it lasts and how much hardware it damages.  It takes a lot more work to make something that's not a bomb.  There really isn't much of an "in between".

Check out Ronaldo's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRbuass

Uhh sorry for coming back after suck a loooooooooong time (again) but this PSU is cheaper here becaues it is made here, most computer components here in Brazil are imports that are highly taxed and have their prices blown up, say a US$55 450W corsair psu comes here and when converted to BRL it's around R$275, adding import taxation it goes up to around R$450 on a good day, this PSU is made here so no import taxation applied.

16 minutes ago, Trigonomancer said:

Uhh sorry for coming back after suck a loooooooooong time (again) but this PSU is cheaper here becaues it is made here

Umm... no.  It's still made in China.  "Brazil PC" is just the brand name.

And the fact that it is or is not made in Brazil doesn't deter from the fact that it's still a garbage PSU.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:33 AM, Trigonomancer said:

Uhh sorry for coming back after suck a loooooooooong time but I don't see them testing the Brazil PC font on this video at any point, also they like to blow up PSUs (yes) are you sure didn't get those results from one of those videos?

We were referring to just cheapo noname PSUs in general, not necessarily made in Brazil even.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply