Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItayT

Experiencing texture pop ins with a new 2070 super - game fault or the GPU fault?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi!

My GPU is only 1 month old (2070 super gaming X trio) and I'm experiencing some texture pop ins.

In Watch Dogs 2 -
00:11 - Look at the windows of the house straight in the distant (they suddenly light up)
00:33 - Look at the trees on the left

In GTA V -
00:17 - The fence which fades in

00:26 - Look at the lifter (or whatever this thing is called lol), the hooks suddenly appear

 

It also happens when I drive through a lot of grass, grass suddenly appear or change texture.
In Warzone I also experience similar symptoms with mountains and nature scenery.


Watch Dogs 2 is installed on my 1TB SSD (Crucial MX500)

GTA V and Warzone are installed on my 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM HDD
 

What do you guys think? Should I be worried?

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's definitely just the game. Have you checked your draw/view distance? 


CPU: Intel Core i7-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor OC to 5GHz All cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2
Storage: Silicon Power A55 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda Pro 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Black Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: CORSAIR RM850x 80+ Gold Certified
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
Monitor: 27" AOC Gaming monitor with QHD 2K 2560x1440 144hz
Monitor: Sceptre C248W-1920RN 23.6" 1920x1080 60 Hz

Monitor: Sceptre C248W-1920RN 23.6" 1920x1080 60 Hz
Keyboard: Logitech G815 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Skull Candy Crushrs

Mic: Blue Yeti

Link to post
Share on other sites

ddu ur drivers, not worried just yet, also try the 3rd newest driver from nvidia, i had problems with the newest ones.


9900k 1.32v max 1.26v avx 5.1ghz-1avx 4.8 cache 95C 175w 1.05v 4.4ghz 95w 55C R20/blender temps ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 2x8gb 16-16-16-34-280-24 ddr3866  bdie 1.42v dram 1.22v io/sa (anything higher needs more voltage on all (dram/io/sa) ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 power limited 79C max, stock voltage (bad ocer) ll 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 2k60 14bit lut ll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98)

 

old rig 8600k d15 evga 1080 ti hybrid  z370 extreme 4 2x8gb ddr3000 512gb nvme evo+ 860 evo 500gb raid 0 evga p2 1000w 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks normal at a first glance, but if anything, you could try removing your video drivers using DDU and installing 446.14 which is a lot more stable than 451.48 from my experience (haven't tried 451.67 yet though).


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K (w/ TG Hydronaut) | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Intel 660p 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | WD Green 2TB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra (w/ TG Hydronaut @ 0.95V) | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout USB-C

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Peripherals: Steelseries Rival 600 & Logitech MX Master 3 | Ducky Shine 7 Gunmetal (Cherry MX Brown) | Sennheiser Game One | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Laptop:  Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2018 - i5-8259U | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Thanks for the replies everyone! :)

  

14 hours ago, MrSimplicity said:

That's definitely just the game. Have you checked your draw/view distance? 

My draw distance is max in all games

14 hours ago, xg32 said:

ddu ur drivers, not worried just yet, also try the 3rd newest driver from nvidia, i had problems with the newest ones.

 

14 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

That looks normal at a first glance, but if anything, you could try removing your video drivers using DDU and installing 446.14 which is a lot more stable than 451.48 from my experience (haven't tried 451.67 yet though).

I've already tried DDU and I'm using 446.14. I've updated to the latest driver and started experiencing stuttering in WD2 so I've downgraded to 446.14.

 

I've also noticed that there are some light pop ins in Siege which should not be that heavy on the GPU. I don't recall any pop ins with my old R9 390.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ItayT said:

I've already tried DDU and I'm using 446.14. I've updated to the latest driver and started experiencing stuttering in WD2 so I've downgraded to 446.14.

 

I've also noticed that there are some light pop ins in Siege which should not be that heavy on the GPU. I don't recall any pop ins with my old R9 390.

If anything, maybe try maxing out the power limit and/or downclocking the GPU using Afterburner, just to make sure it's not unstable or whatever, though I kind of doubt it. 

I haven't played a lot of Siege lately but I can't recall any really noticeable pop in.

 

There's also this thread on the forum that's sort of related to this. You could check it and all of its 100+ pages of replies out and see if you find anything useful:

 


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K (w/ TG Hydronaut) | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Intel 660p 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | WD Green 2TB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra (w/ TG Hydronaut @ 0.95V) | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout USB-C

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Peripherals: Steelseries Rival 600 & Logitech MX Master 3 | Ducky Shine 7 Gunmetal (Cherry MX Brown) | Sennheiser Game One | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Laptop:  Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2018 - i5-8259U | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Thanks @Mateyyy, I'll take a look!

 

Also, the pop ins are very noticeable when driving through a lot of grass

For instance - https://youtu.be/5dx_SsoM3Kc

 

Do you still think it's fine? It looks too much but if you say it looks fine I'll just let it be lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ItayT said:

Thanks @Mateyyy, I'll take a look!

 

Also, the pop ins are very noticeable when driving through a lot of grass

For instance - https://youtu.be/5dx_SsoM3Kc
 

Do you still think it's fine? It looks too much but if you say it looks fine I'll just let it be lol

To be honest I can't really tell, since I've never played Watch Dogs 2 so I don't have an actual reference point.

 

What I can say though is that I've just played some Siege a couple of hours ago and stayed on the lookout for pop ins, and yeah, there's some pretty bad pop in in that game. Unless both of our GPUs happen to be borked in the exact same way, which is pretty unlikely, I'd say it's just the game, and not your GPU being at fault here.

 

Also, the other two games you mentioned (other than Siege) are both open-world, and this genre of games is one of the most common where you'll notice more drastic LOD popping, simply because it's one of the easier methods to keeping performance at a certain level because rendering everything that's on the screen at max detail regardless of the distance it's at would just be a massive hog for performance.


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K (w/ TG Hydronaut) | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Intel 660p 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | WD Green 2TB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra (w/ TG Hydronaut @ 0.95V) | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout USB-C

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Peripherals: Steelseries Rival 600 & Logitech MX Master 3 | Ducky Shine 7 Gunmetal (Cherry MX Brown) | Sennheiser Game One | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Laptop:  Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2018 - i5-8259U | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

To be honest I can't really tell, since I've never played Watch Dogs 2 so I don't have an actual reference point.

 

What I can say though is that I've just played some Siege a couple of hours ago and stayed on the lookout for pop ins, and yeah, there's some pretty bad pop in in that game. Unless both of our GPUs happen to be borked in the exact same way, which is pretty unlikely, I'd say it's just the game, and not your GPU being at fault here.

 

Also, the other two games you mentioned (other than Siege) are both open-world, and this genre of games is one of the most common where you'll notice more drastic LOD popping, simply because it's one of the easier methods to keeping performance at a certain level because rendering everything that's on the screen at max detail regardless of the distance it's at would just be a massive hog for performance.

Thanks :)

I really appreciate the help!

It just seemed weird to me because I wasn't getting as much pop ins with my old rig. Maybe that was because I wasn't playing at ultra settings with my R9 390.

 

Anyway, if it seems to be fine I'll just leave it alone.

The GPU is under warranty for 3 years anyway so I don't have to deal with it now if it turns out to actually be an issue.

 

Thanks again for the help! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×