I have a Old PC,with a i3 530 processor,4 GB ram,250 GB Hard Drive

So I was wishing if anyone can chip in some ideas to make it gaming ready

The game I play is Rainbow Six Siege ,I want it to be at 1080p High and 60 FPS

and its also better if the graphics card is also future proof somewhat if i do build a new pc

my budget for the upgrade is 100 $ ,cheers,Thanks

Well any modern somewhat decent GPU will be heavily bottlenecked by the cpu. 

1 minute ago, Vignesh_Naveen said:

my budget for the upgrade is 100 $ ,cheers,Thanks

You can find a cheap 750ti for like 30-50ish bucks. 

Anything better will probably give you little to performance increase over the 750ti due to the heavy Bottleneck. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Damn, $100, that's a tight budget for upgrading a PC. I would like to ask if the $100 is for the graphics card only or the $100 as in the whole PC.

2 hours ago, Vignesh_Naveen said:

The game I play is Rainbow Six Siege ,I want it to be at 1080p High and 60 FPS

pretty sure that impossible

the gtx 750 ti will be limited by the cpu so i think that the most fps you'll get is maybe 50 on the lowest settings.

2 hours ago, Vignesh_Naveen said:

and its also better if the graphics card is also future proof somewhat if i do build a new pc

yeah.............. the only real future proofing is minimum a gtx 1070 card or even a rx 580 card and we bot know you aint getting that for 100 bucks :/ (even a 980 ti is quite good)

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

17 hours ago, FoldingToFightAnyDiseases said:

Damn, $100, that's a tight budget for upgrading a PC. I would like to ask if the $100 is for the graphics card only or the $100 as in the whole PC.

It's for upgrading the Graphics card,if at all I need to upgrade anything else ,Please suggest.

At $100, you are looking at something like Geforce GTX 1050 or GT 1030, it basically unplayable on high or ultra because CPU bottleneck will give you at least 10 fps less which usually render fps to below 30.

https://www.gpucheck.com/en-usd/compare/nvidia-geforce-gt-1030-vs-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050/intel-core-i3-530-2-93ghz-vs-intel-core-i3-530-2-93ghz/high/high/-vs-

Your best bet is probably to try finding a second hand GPU for cheap, 100 buck is a hard bargain but if you can find a good last gen graphic for cheap, 50 fps isn't that bad for gaming. But really, you should either lower your expectation or increase your budget, you could potetially play on game with that budget on medium or low or 720p resolution

24 minutes ago, Vignesh_Naveen said:

It's for upgrading the Graphics card,if at all I need to upgrade anything else ,Please suggest.

Upgrade the GPU to GTX 1080ti. If you cannot not go for GTX 1070. You can go for GTX 1660ti. You need to upgrade the CPU as well, its looking kinda sad with an 3rd gen i3 so maybe a 9th gen i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 3600. I would suggest 8 or 16GB of RAM at the speeds of 3000mhz+. You can keep the hard drive the same.

Just now, FoldingToFightAnyDiseases said:

Upgrade the GPU to GTX 1080ti. If you cannot not go for GTX 1070. You can go for GTX 1660ti. You need to upgrade the CPU as well, its looking kinda sad with an 3rd gen i3 so maybe a 9th gen i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 3600. I would suggest 8 or 16GB of RAM at the speeds of 3000mhz+. You can keep the hard drive the same.

This is just in general on what you should upgrade to, you might need to save up which is fine, I have done it in the past.

53 minutes ago, Vignesh_Naveen said:

25 minutes ago, FoldingToFightAnyDiseases said:

This is just in general on what you should upgrade to, you might need to save up which is fine, I have done it in the past.

if you can find a 1080 ti for 100 dollars, LET ME KNOW!!!!!

but for real, what @FoldingToFightAnyDiseases said is a great upgrade plan BUT it is kinda pricey for you budget.

save your money for now. a 1080 ti is a great value card now but because of that they are still going for 400-600 dollars second hand, so in your case, saving some extra money and getting a 1660 super or something in that range is really good.

we all know that a 3600 is better then a 9600k in terms of price to performance, so try to loot for a 3600 

8gb of ram is really low in 2020 and 16gb is pretty much the minimus these days.

you can game with 8gb but more and more games are starting to take advantage of 16gb of ram and dont forget you have windows installed, probably discord/ts/skype running, steam/epic games/ubisoft/battle.net running, maybe even spotify and hop 90% ram usage in game while the game is just using 30% or 40% of the ram.

my friend has 8gb of ram and while his pc is idling his ram usage is 58% and just steam and discord are running...

so try to look for a good dual channel 16gb kit thats at least 3000mhz cl16 and above

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

I'm guessing you're not using $, so why put it as your currency of measure?

Prices are hugely different around the world. It makes more sense to put the currency you use.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red