A gamer that like a bit of multitasking is feeling that his CPU is getting older and older :)

Budget (including currency): 1500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: From 2d gaming to top triple A games that demands a good GPU. Gaming, but not streaming nor editing or something like that.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

My actual pc: i5 4670k

Hyper 212 (not the evo, the really old one)

Gskill ddr3 2x8 1600 cas 9

EVGA 970 SSC

A 120 gb SSD, 1 TB 7.2k hard disk.

NZXT 550w HALE 82 v2

NZXT Phantom 410

A standard 1080p 60 hz 23" monitor @ evga 970 hdmi , and an old one 22" but 1680*1050 dvi/vga @ igpu 

I'm thinking about upgrading the monitors maybe at some near future (at least one to a 27" 1440p 144 hz), but not now because it gets out of my budget.

The attached image is what I thought could be fine. Planning to do a little OC like I saw on GamersNexus videos.

-Memory at 1.45v. On the memory support list at that Motherboard it is listed, so I don't know if everything is fine althought Comet Lake 1.35v reccomended maximum.

-Should I need a PSU upgrade too?

-I would really like noctua D15 Chroma Black but it seem's to be out of stock everywhere in USA.

Feel free to make another build or change anything, I'm open to advice.

Thanks in advance and have a good day.

Captura.PNG

I'd go for a ryzen 3600x and use the money you spared to get a better graphics card - or just save it since a 2070s is more than adequate for 1080p 60.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Ok thanks, and what about the memory at 1.45v, it is bad? and psu?

2 minutes ago, CreepingOC said:

Ok thanks, and what about the memory at 1.45v, it is bad? and psu?

1.45 is standard voltage for DDR4 so no problem. With that said it may be better to get a slower kit with better timings, e.g. 3600MHz CL16, since not all motherboards support 4000MHz+ memory very well. You also don't need a dedicated cooler since the stock one included with a 3600x should be fine.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Any other sugestion from anyone else? Or that is just a really good one? Maybe im a bit outdated of information about generations