PSU BEING NOISY

hyrix7Q

Hello guys so my THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W was working perfectly fine then it suddenly started making some weird noises first it started like fan clicking then other noises started and another weird thing is that when I play demending games the fan start spinning so fast and being noisy so I sent it to the after sale service

these noises are only there when I'm playing games not in idle

my question is

is that just the fan problem or its the psu itself ?

should I get another one if they don't fix it for me ?

That's a very cheap PSU.  Prone to have both fan noise (due to cheap fan) and magnetics noise (due to old, cheap topology).

What are the specs for your build?

Dust it off 

It probably doesn't have the best bearing / fan over all so I'm not surprised that it's loud. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

8 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's a very cheap PSU.  Prone to have both fan noise (due to cheap fan) and magnetics noise (due to old, cheap topology).

What are the specs for your build?

Ryzen 5 2600X / 8GB ram / GTX 1660 MSI gaming x 

these noises are only when im playing games 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Dust it off 

It probably doesn't have the best bearing / fan over all so I'm not surprised that it's loud. 

but it was quiet for 9 months and it's only making these noises when playing games

3 minutes ago, hyrix7Q said:

but it was quiet for 9 months and it's only making these noises when playing games

Fan noise: Fan is off balance or bearing is shot

Noises under load:  The "Smart" (have to put that in parenthesis) uses an older double forward, group regulated.  Under heavy load, the magentics, most specifically the output choke, vibrates at an audible frequency.  Lamination and caulk can be used to dampen the sound, but sometimes the caulk comes loose or the lamination cracks and exposes the air gaps that are making the noise.

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

Fan noise: Fan is off balance or bearing is shot

Noises under load:  The "Smart" (have to put that in parenthesis) uses an older double forward, group regulated.  Under heavy load, the magentics, most specifically the output choke, vibrates at an audible frequency.  Lamination and caulk can be used to dampen the sound, but sometimes the caulk comes loose or the lamination cracks and exposes the air gaps that are making the noise.

can that be fixed by an rma ? If not do you think I can stay with it for another 1 month to save money and get another one ? will it hurt my gpu or smthng ? 

last question what do you think about Cooler master mwe 650w bronze since its my only choice because we don't have corsair or evga in my country 

You can see if a replacement will do any better.

A Cooler Master MWE Bronze is a MUCH better unit, however.

2 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

You can see if a replacement will do any better.

A Cooler Master MWE Bronze is a MUCH better unit, however.

They said maybe they will fix it they won't replace it however thank you sm sir u were so helpful  !

9 minutes ago, hyrix7Q said:

They said maybe they will fix it they won't replace it however thank you sm sir u were so helpful  !

They're not going to "fix" it.  A PSU is not a serviceable part.  Your warranty means it gets REPLACED.  Not REPAIRED. This is a computer power supply.  Not a sedan.

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

They're not going to "fix" it.  A PSU is not a serviceable part.  Your warranty means it gets REPLACED.  Not REPAIRED. This is a computer power supply.  Not a sedan.

but  unfortunately this is what happens in my country  but u hope they will replace it somehow 

32 minutes ago, hyrix7Q said:

but  unfortunately this is what happens in my country  but u hope they will replace it somehow 

Did you buy the parts to build your PC or did you buy a pre-built PC?

Your PSU's warranty is with Thermaltake.  If a shop opens up the PSU to "repair" it in anyway, they've voided your manufacturer's warranty.