Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JGS729

$1200 Canadian PC Build

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): $1200 CDN

Country: Canada

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Forza Horizon 4, Assasins Creed Odyssey, Dark Souls Series, Triple A games

Other details: At the moment my rig is a dated i7 2600k, GTX 970, 8gb ddr3, 500w psu. I’d like a machine that doesn’t break the bank, because I intend to move most my gaming to the next gen consoles in the near future. However I do enjoy the flexibility and open structure afforded to pc gamers. My current rig is adequately running most the games I currently play. But it runs hot, loud, and generally unstable if I try to push it past medium settings. I’m not a competitive gamer and I play on a TCL 50” 4k display so refresh rate isn’t really a concern either. 60 FPS is the goal (especially for FH4) and ideally I’d like a system that can pull that off at 1440p or higher. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/mLchHB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($255.50 @ shopRBC) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($118.05 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($78.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($144.50 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Triple Dissipation Video Card  ($490.43 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($57.67 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: Rosewill 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Total: $1235.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-12 13:31 EDT-0400

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Nice ty for the suggestion. The 2070 would be the Nvidia counterpart in terms of GPU? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($269.00 @ Canada Computers)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($174.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  ($101.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Patriot Burst 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($404.99 @ Memory Express)
Case: Rosewill SPECTRA C100 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $1205.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-13 04:47 EDT-0400

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Ty so much for the suggestions guys. I guess I should mention a few more things about myself and how I game. I intend to use this PC with my 4k TCL 50” as the display output. So the refresh rates and all that stuff are probably terrible. And quite frankly I don’t care at all about it. I only need and want a clean/noise free/cool temp machine that can run games at min 60fps. Also the games I play are in no way competitive, as I rarely ever play online competitively. Games like CS GO, Overwatch, etc, are not my bag. Also no way someone could suggest a Intel/Nvidia equivalent? I only ask because this is the platform I’ve been with for 10+ years, so I’m more familiar. Finally I’m in absolutely no hurry, and I constantly am seeing many people suggest waiting for the new hardware on the horizon. Should I consider this (will I get better value waiting)? Or is what I’m after achievable rn for within my budget? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
17 hours ago, boggy77 said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/mLchHB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($255.50 @ shopRBC) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($118.05 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($78.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($144.50 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Triple Dissipation Video Card  ($490.43 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($57.67 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: Rosewill 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Total: $1235.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-12 13:31 EDT-0400

Will this case work with the components you mention? 

 

https://www.newegg.com/black-darkflash-dlm-22-micro-atx-mini-itx/p/2AM-008X-00008?&quicklink=true

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JGS729 said:

yes, but I wouldn't recommend it. it looks like it has bad airflow. get a case with a front mesh

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

yes, but I wouldn't recommend it. it looks like it has bad airflow. get a case with a front mesh

Ok ty for the suggestion, and that’s certainly something that is an issue with my home. It’s hot here. Do you have a case recommendation that has tempered glass and good airflow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
45 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

no. but practically, the 2060 super can't do it properly either

it will do it, but with a huge performance loss

Thanks again for humouring my questions. It’s just my main concern is with the next gen consoles pitching ray tracing as the new sexy feature in games. Will I end up left out with my 5700xt that can’t keep up with the way things are moving. Am I reading into this a bit too much? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JGS729 said:

Thanks again for humouring my questions. It’s just my main concern is with the next gen consoles pitching ray tracing as the new sexy feature in games. Will I end up left out with my 5700xt that can’t keep up with the way things are moving. Am I reading into this a bit too much? 

nvidia is launching the 3000 series in 2 months, promising vastly improved ray tracing performance.

amd also hinted they will include ray tracing in their next gen gpus.

 

your options are to buy a 5700xt now and hope ray tracing doesn't become a big thing, wait until the 3000 series release with the whole build, or buy a cheaper (preferably used) placeholder, like a gtx1070 if you need a system now and upgrade to 3000 series later in the year after they launch and the priced drop a bit (maybe around black friday). I'd probably go with option 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×