Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
harriizz

How to set a case fan to constant speed all time

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a PWM Fan that I want to always run at 30% but i dont know how in SpeedFan.When i turn on my pc its at 60% always.Is it even possible with speedfan or i have to use some different softwarem

Just create a fan curve that's a flat line at 30%.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-3820 | Corsair H100i | ASUS P9X79-LE | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 1866MHz DDR3 | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 2TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R5 Windows 10 Pro / Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon

Laptop:

Dell XPS 15 9560 4K Touch | Intel Core i5-7300HQ | 12GB Generic (Crucial?) 2133MHz DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1050 | 256GB Toshiba M.2 NVMe SSD | Windows 10

If you have your connectors connected right to the MB, try checking in the BIOS/UEFI configurations and see if you can manually set them there.

https://www.howtogeek.com/275339/how-to-auto-control-your-pcs-fans-for-cool-quiet-operation/ (if you have a 3 prong to a 4 sided connector or vise versa)

https://www.ekwb.com/blog/what-is-pwm-and-how-does-it-work/

some links to help you

Just don't setup curves. The controls on front page are for basic percentage controlling.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

In your BIOS/UEFI the motherboard allows you to control the speed of fans connected to it. Each manufacturer has different ways on controlling the speed but you should be able to set it somewhere close to 30% if that's what you want.

Guides & Tutorials:

How To: Access Remote Systems at Home/Work Securely from Anywhere with Pritunl

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How To: Remotely Access Your Server/NAS

In the Queue:

How to Use Memtest86 to Diagnose RAM Errors

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

3 hours ago, harriizz said:

I have a PWM Fan that I want to always run at 30% but i dont know how in SpeedFan.When i turn on my pc its at 60% always.Is it even possible with speedfan or i have to use some different softwarem

What motherboard?

Like @Windows7ge said, your bios should let you do this. For my gigabyte board, you can set custom fan curves and the last point has to be 100% but you can move it out to 100C and just make the rest of the "curve" a flat line at 30%

Posted · Original PosterOP

I tried seting up a fan curve and when i after setting up curve check automatic speed it goes to 100% speed automatically.Ma mobo is H81M-R and only thing on there for fans is Q-FAN Control and u can put in 3 speeds Silent (3720RPM) Normal (3734 RPM) and Turbo (3737 RPM) it changes almost nothing.

On 7/13/2020 at 2:04 PM, harriizz said:

I tried seting up a fan curve and when i after setting up curve check automatic speed it goes to 100% speed automatically.Ma mobo is H81M-R and only thing on there for fans is Q-FAN Control and u can put in 3 speeds Silent (3720RPM) Normal (3734 RPM) and Turbo (3737 RPM) it changes almost nothing.

Do you have Warning temp set to some fairly low number? Thats probably the issue. In SpeedFan, warning temp is the point where it sets all fans to full speed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv