Significant latency even with good ping, how to test and fix?

OnlyAxolotl

80MB/dw 20mb/up

Having issues with VERY high latency in games when my ping is very low.

Goes as follows. In games I am getting extremely high latency when my ping reads sometimes below 20.

Evident in that my bullets register sometimes seconds after the gun is shot. At a stationery enemy usually will take damage .5 seconds after being shot, makes any sort of gaming online very hard.

1.Received a new router from my ISP but it is the same,

2. Changed Ethernet

3. Purchased PCI Ethernet adapter

4. Reset windows

How do I test this and also fix it?

What games?

I edit my posts more often than not

You have to realize that your ping will vary between different server. Your ping that is shown in speedtest.net is NOT your ping everywhere else. Which games does this happen in?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

You have to realize that your ping will vary between different server. Your ping that is shown in speedtest.net is NOT your ping everywhere else. Which games does this happen in?

Quite aware of that, I didn't even mention speedtest. All games

could it be you peripherals? i don't know, don't game in pc

edit: that sounded like you shouldn't game on pc, i mean i dont

Edited by Johnny-Boi

@Johnny-Boi or DM me on discord

@King of Reeeeee Land#9814  

PC is a work in progress, open to any tips and suggestions with ways listed above 😉

4 minutes ago, johndole25 said:

Everything

even offline?

@Johnny-Boi or DM me on discord

@King of Reeeeee Land#9814  

PC is a work in progress, open to any tips and suggestions with ways listed above 😉

1 hour ago, johndole25 said:

Quite aware of that...

Then you should know that this might not be in your control. The nodes and servers in between you and the game servers themselves might be overwhelmed with traffic.

I didn't even mention speedtest.

So how do you know that your ping is normally low?

All games

Please list the games. There are several services that will test game server ping times for you.

6 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

Then you should know that this might not be in your control. The nodes and servers in between you and the game servers themselves might be overwhelmed with traffic.

So how do you know that your ping is normally low?

Please list the games. There are several services that will test game server ping times for you.

Because I measure the ping in game not using speedtests.

It definitely isn't part of a games serve node systems or otherwise as other I play with don't have this latency, its specifically to do with my system, otherwise I wouldn't have posted.

All games.

33 minutes ago, johndole25 said:

Because I measure the ping in game not using speedtests.

It definitely isn't part of a games serve node systems or otherwise as other I play with don't have this latency, its specifically to do with my system, otherwise I wouldn't have posted.

All games.

Then please list your system specifications and a couple of the games you usually experience this behavior in.