Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevenC

Help Deciding

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting a gaming laptop and I have pretty much narrowed my options down to the HP Omen 15-ek0019nr and the Acer Predator Helios 300. While the HP does have less storage (256gb vs 512gb), a less powerful cpu (i5 vs i7) and less ram (8gb vs 16gb), it does offer G-Sync and I'm wondering if G-Sync would be worth giving up some of the extra bells and whistles of the Acer. Anyway, I would appreciate some feedback on this topic 

6 minutes ago, StevenC said:

Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting a gaming laptop and I have pretty much narrowed my options down to the HP Omen 15-ek0019nr and the Acer Predator Helios 300. While the HP does have less storage (256gb vs 512gb), a less powerful cpu (i5 vs i7) and less ram (8gb vs 16gb), it does offer G-Sync and I'm wondering if G-Sync would be worth giving up some of the extra bells and whistles of the Acer. Anyway, I would appreciate some feedback on this topic 

G-sync is not worth over those specs. get the acer one it will perform much better

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

Posted · Original PosterOP

Ty for the feedback guys, I did forget to mention that the Acer model that I was eyeing includes the RTX 2060 as well. 

16 hours ago, StevenC said:

Ty for the feedback guys, I did forget to mention that the Acer model that I was eyeing includes the RTX 2060 as well. 

You really should be looking at the Lenovo Legion 5 or HP Omen with Ryzen 4000. The AMD CPUs run cooler, faster and result in better battery life. So you'll get less heat issues than the intel laptops have