Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Macko939

which PCIE slot and ram slots for my mobo?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys,

 

Could you please advise which ports should I use on my mobo for the following components:

2x 8gb ram stick

rtx 2060S

 

I got an Asrock B450M Pro4-f mobo.

 

I know I am supposed to put ram sticks 2 slot apart, but I am not sure if I should start with the 1st or 2nd ram slot counting from the cpu side.

 

also I can see that my mobo has a PCIE2 and PCIE3 sockets for my graphics card. Should I put the card in PCIE3? Is it the bottom one?

 

Here's a link for the mobo image for reference:

 

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M%20Pro4-F/

 

Thank you for your replies guys

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Macko939 said:

I know I am supposed to put ram sticks 2 slot apart, but I am not sure if I should start with the 1st or 2nd ram slot counting from the cpu side.

 

also I can see that my mobo has a PCIE2 and PCIE3 sockets for my graphics card. Should I put the card in PCIE3? Is it the bottom one?

 

Here's a link for the mobo image for reference:

 

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M%20Pro4-F/

 

Thank you for your replies guys

RAM should be in slots 2 and 4 counting from left to right on the image, and the GPU should always be in the first 16X Slot


Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slots A2 and B2 for the RAM and he GPU should be in the top-most PCIe slot

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Syn. said:

RAM should be in slots 2 and 4 counting from left to right on the image, and the GPU should always be in the first 16X Slot

 

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Slots A2 and B2 for the RAM and he GPU should be in the top-most PCIe slot

So the one labelled "PCIE2" on the mobo picture? Just above the ASROCK logo

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Macko939 said:

also I can see that my mobo has a PCIE2 and PCIE3

Preferably top as you'll get the most lanes that way. 

 

10 minutes ago, Macko939 said:

know I am supposed to put ram sticks 2 slot apart

A2 and B2


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Macko939 said:

 

So the one labelled "PCIE2" on the mobo picture? Just above the ASROCK logo

Yes next to the Asrock Logo on the heatsink, it's the top most one that would fit your GPU, the one above it is a PCIe 1X Slot


Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×