Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yaron s

ssd nvme not detcted

I am currently consulting the manuel for your board.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_B450_F_GAMING/E14401_ROG_STRIX_B450-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf
Take a look at Page 22, or 1-8 by there notation.

image.png.a8734458873efb8807b7ceb4674b3d1e.png

 

Page 28, or 1-14 by there notation

image.png.5a3a94628552bd3997a31d0ebc931d41.png

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F motherboard with two NVMEs one of which works well and detects a disk installed in it. I tried to install another ssd on the board NVME is not detected in the BIOS in the bottom connection but only at the top,the problem is repeated with both disks and only at the bottom. The simple question is is the problem in the board? Was purchased about a month ago  or problem in BIOS settings? I updated the BIOS and everything possible from the ASUS website and it didn't help..I would love to get an answer soon, thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yaron s said:

I have an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F motherboard with two NVMEs one of which works well and detects a disk installed in it. I tried to install another ssd on the board NVME is not detected in the BIOS in the bottom connection but only at the top,the problem is repeated with both disks and only at the bottom. The simple question is is the problem in the board? Was purchased about a month ago  or problem in BIOS settings? I updated the BIOS and everything possible from the ASUS website and it didn't help..I would love to get an answer soon, thanks.

Some drives need to be partitioned before use


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

 

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Some drives need to be partitioned before use

NVME is not detected in the BIOS  in one slot only

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yaron s said:

 

NVME is not detected in the BIOS  in one slot only

Have you checked so that slot isn't just sata that both are nvme capable?


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Have you checked so that slot isn't just sata that both are nvme capable?

they are depending on the configuration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, djboy6480 said:

they are depending on the configuration.

I see now


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×