PNY GeForce RTX 2080 Super XLR8 OC - Is it good or trash?

E23Dude

ive building a new gaming rig atm but i havent yet bought the GPU

I was temporarily going to buy a used 1080Ti, but even the used ones are overpriced here i Norway (about 600 dollars used)
There is a shop that sells the PNY GeForce RTX 2080 Super XLR8 OC for 750 usd here, and thats really cheap for a rtx 2080 card, most of them are over 1000 bucks here in norway
many people even sells used 2080 card without super used for for 700 dollars... 

Ive decided that i want to buy the 3080ti when its released, but until that i need a GPU to use. 
After i buy the 3080ti im thinking of giving the RTX 2080 to my nephew, who is also going to take over my current rig that has a 1060 dual 6gb in it. 

Why not just use your 1060 for now then instead of buying a very expensive card? If you still want to give a good card then to your nephew get him one when the new series arrives. Then all older used cards will drop their prices or you could even get a better new gpu.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Why not just use your 1060 for now then instead of buying a very expensive card? If you still want to give a good card then to your nephew get him one when the new series arrives. Then all older used cards will drop their prices or you could even get a better new gpu.

i dont think the old computer would benefit from the new gen GPUs thats coming, its a old AMD 8 core from 2013. I now it would be wise to still use the 1060 card i bit longer but ive just started to build my new rig with a 3950x, and i feel the 1060 is already lagging behind in the games i play (MOD MW and Total war Warhammer) 
I dont think the 3080ti will be available here in Norway until 2021

1 hour ago, E23Dude said:

ive building a new gaming rig atm but i havent yet bought the GPU

I was temporarily going to buy a used 1080Ti, but even the used ones are overpriced here i Norway (about 600 dollars used)
There is a shop that sells the PNY GeForce RTX 2080 Super XLR8 OC for 750 usd here, and thats really cheao for a rtx 2080 card, most of them are over 1000 bucks here in norway
many people even sells used 2080 card without super used for for 700 dollars... 

Ive decided that i want to buy the 3080ti when its released, but until that i need a GPU to use. 
After i buy the 3080ti im thinking of giving the RTX 2080 to my nephew, who is also going to take over my current rig that has a 1060 dual 6gb in it. 

why would you buy a top end card for 2 months and sell it for a 3080 ti?

just use your 1060 dude

you want to buy a 1000 dollar card for 2 month and then buy another 1400+ dollar card?

its better to just buy a liquid cooled 2080 ti....

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

19 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

why would you buy a top end card for 2 months and sell it for a 3080 ti?

just use your 1060 dude

you want to buy a 1000 dollar card for 2 month and then buy another 1400+ dollar card?

its better to just buy a liquid cooled 2080 ti....

The thing is the 1060 card i hardly keeping up anymore, especially after i went to 35" ultra wide 3440x1440 VA screen. 

3 hours ago, E23Dude said:

The thing is the 1060 card i hardly keeping up anymore, especially after i went to 35" ultra wide 3440x1440 VA screen. 

still, a 2080 is not worth the 1000 dollars price tag for 2 months

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

3 hours ago, HardStroke said:

still, a 2080 is not worth the 1000 dollars price tag for 2 months

The PNY RTX 2080s OC is "only" 750 bucks new, other 2080 cards are over 1000 dollars here. i know it sounds not smart, but i think the 3080ti will not bee available before early next year.

10 minutes ago, E23Dude said:

The PNY RTX 2080s OC is "only" 750 bucks new, other 2080 cards are over 1000 dollars here. i know it sounds not smart, but i think the 3080ti will not bee available before early next year.

early 2021 hummmmm....🤔

still not worth the 750 bucks price tag

its just too much.

i suggest you stick with your 1060 for now or try to look for a good second hand 1080 or 1080 ti.

if you buy a 1080 ti its also not really worth the money but if you can find one for around 400 or 350 bucks its really good, plus, you can sell it later for around 300 dollars after the 3000 series will be available for purchase

26 minutes ago, E23Dude said:

If you dead set on getting more out your graphics card why don't you meet in the middle. Get a standard 2060 for less than 300 that will be an improvement on your 1060 without busting the bank balance and will give you a bit more until the 3080s are in stock for you. 

If you want to get something temporary I would recommend something with a better FPS/$ like for example the 5700XT or 2060S which would be almost half the price of the 2080S for a GPU that is only 20~25% slower. Paying the premium for the high-end RTX GPUs was never a good deal, and now that there should be a new release within the next few months it's even worse.

23 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

early 2021 hummmmm....🤔

still not worth the 750 bucks price tag

its just too much.

i suggest you stick with your 1060 for now or try to look for a good second hand 1080 or 1080 ti.

if you buy a 1080 ti its also not really worth the money but if you can find one for around 400 or 350 bucks its really good, plus, you can sell it later for around 300 dollars after the 3000 series will be available for purchase

Maybe thats the way to go, the plan in the start was to get a cheap 1080ti used, i thought that i could get one for around 350 bucks used, but they get sold for around 5-600 Dollars.
Maybe i should just be a little more patient and check the retail page daily for a 1080

12 minutes ago, KaitouX said:

If you want to get something temporary I would recommend something with a better FPS/$ like for example the 5700XT or 2060S which would be almost half the price of the 2080S for a GPU that is only 20~25% slower. Paying the premium for the high-end RTX GPUs was never a good deal, and now that there should be a new release within the next few months it's even worse.

The PNY 2060s OC 8gb i 470usd new, is that better than the 5700xt? I dont really care about ray tracing

8 minutes ago, E23Dude said:

Maybe thats the way to go, the plan in the start was to get a cheap 1080ti used, i thought that i could get one for around 350 bucks used, but they get sold for around 5-600 Dollars.
Maybe i should just be a little more patient and check the retail page daily for a 1080

500-600 bucks????????

lol thats the same as in y country

before i bought my 2080 aorus i looked for a reasonably second hand 1080 ti

couldnt find any

they were either over priced or cheap vesrions.

4 minutes ago, E23Dude said:

The PNY 2060s OC 8gb i 470usd new, is that better than the 5700xt? I dont really care about ray tracing

i think the 5700xt is a little bit better but im not 100% sure.

form what i saw, ray tracing on the 2060 and 2060 super is a joke...

you sky dive in fps because of that and its not really worth it.

2 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

500-600 bucks????????

lol thats the same as in y country

before i bought my 2080 aorus i looked for a reasonably second hand 1080 ti

couldnt find any

they were either over priced or cheap vesrions.

i think the 5700xt is a little bit better but im not 100% sure.

form what i saw, ray tracing on the 2060 and 2060 super is a joke...

you sky dive in fps because of that and its not really worth it.

Norway is expensive... 
And there is alot of people who couldnt afford the 1080ti thats very excited theese day to buy them used, about 2 years ago people payd over 1000 bucks for a used one

1 minute ago, E23Dude said:

Norway is expensive... 
And there is alot of people who couldnt afford the 1080ti thats very excited theese day to buy them used, about 2 years ago people payd over 1000 bucks for a used one

Norway is expensive...

come shop for pc parts in Israel... you'll end up selling your soul just to afford an i7 8700k rtx 2070 super build...

i got my RTX 2080 aorus about a month ago, 2 years after its launch, for 900 dollars

on amazon this card goes for 820 dollars.

if i bought this card from amazon, the total price of it would've been 1031 dollars... the same price as a local 2080 super gaming oc...

211 dollars worth of import fees................

20 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

Norway is expensive...

come shop for pc parts in Israel... you'll end up selling your soul just to afford an i7 8700k rtx 2070 super build...

i got my RTX 2080 aorus about a month ago, 2 years after its launch, for 900 dollars

on amazon this card goes for 820 dollars.

if i bought this card from amazon, the total price of it would've been 1031 dollars... the same price as a local 2080 super gaming oc...

Ive heard that Israel is also an expansive country for computer hardware. Thats to bad
Isnt even Intel from Isreal? tought that they would be cheaper than AMD there since its the production country.

But im going to stick with your advice, im going offshore for 2 weeks tommorow, maybe i can find a good deal on a used 1080ti by then :) 

44 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

Some countries got 50%+ import taxes, so you're still in the lucky side for the most part.

1 hour ago, E23Dude said:

The 5700XT is better if the RTX features aren't important to you, looking on PCPP the best deal i found between the 5700(XT), 2060(Super) and 2070(Super) was this 5700XT for kr4585 https://no.pcpartpicker.com/product/ZZZzK8/powercolor-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-red-dragon-video-card-axrx-5700-xt-8gbd6-3dhroc

But I'm not sure if PCPP reflects the best prices there, or if there is a better way to find deals.

1 hour ago, KaitouX said:

Some countries got 50%+ import taxes, so you're still in the lucky side for the most part.

The 5700XT is better if the RTX features aren't important to you, looking on PCPP the best deal i found between the 5700(XT), 2060(Super) and 2070(Super) was this 5700XT for kr4585 https://no.pcpartpicker.com/product/ZZZzK8/powercolor-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-red-dragon-video-card-axrx-5700-xt-8gbd6-3dhroc

But I'm not sure if PCPP reflects the best prices there, or if there is a better way to find deals.

there is a big store that sells a MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT MECH OC with 5 year warranty for 4800nok, maybe i should just go for that? 

Not really, the Red Dragon is better, if the Mech was cheaper(or the same price) than the Red Dragon than it would be a good option. For reference on coolers take a look here

and also try looking for reviews on HardwareUnboxed and GamersNexus on Youtube or at Techpowerup, Kitguru. Techpowerup got a section that lists a lot of the reviews made for that product so check there if you want other resources. Hardware Unboxed and GamersNexus have a few videos comparing multiple 5700XT models so that might be a good place to check if you want more information on the better models.