Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Razener1

Laptop cpu tem going up and down

Posted · Original PosterOP

hello,I have pretator helios 300 2019 its core i7 9750H 2.59 I have this issue in it where the cpu temp gose up and down even on idle on idle it gose from 55 to 71 really fast and back to normal  when I open a game in it gose from 80 to 95 and I dont know what to do I dont have anything running in th task manger I tried so many things but still please help!

Clean the laptop and dust it off. 

4 minutes ago, Razener1 said:

from 55 to 71

71 is relatively high for idle. But temps going up and down isn't a problem. 

Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

@TofuHaroto yes but it dose not stay stable on 71 sometimes it gose upto 91 just suddnley and back to 55 to gose up and down I am consered if this is the right temp that is running at or its a glitch my cpu monutring its like zigzags beacuse of how fast it gose up and down

2 minutes ago, Razener1 said:

it gose upto 91 just suddnley and back to 55

Temps fan fluctuate. That's normal for the most part. If your not thermal throttling during your normal workload. Then it's fine. But I do still suggest to clean the laptop. 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

B550m TuF plus.

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Temps fan fluctuate. That's normal for the most part. If your not thermal throttling during your normal workload. Then it's fine. But I do still suggest to clean the laptop. 

the laptop is perfectly cleaned I cleaned it also the laptop is new I have it for 4 month I tried few solutions they work but I want it to run as it were before on max performance

1 minute ago, Razener1 said:

but I want it to run as it were before on max performance

What are your temps when doing your normal workload?

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

B550m TuF plus.

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I made these both on 99% and the power mode on blance performance it gose stable on 45 temp but I want it on best performance

Screenshot_1.png

Laptop coolers have really little thermal mass, thus when the load is removed the cooler drops in temperature really fast, unlike with bigger tower coolers and expecially water coolers

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600k@5.0GHz | GPU 1: GTX 1660@2070MHz | GPU 2: GT 710 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480GB |  HDD: 2x 2TB WD Black | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 10 Pro, Manjaro

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120GB | OS: Debian Buster

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120GB | OS: Debian Buster

Laptop [A hunk of shit]:

Model: MacBook Air Late 2010 | CPU: Core 2 Duo L9600 | RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1066MHz | OS: MacOS Catalina 

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent(I daily drive an iPhone 7 or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

What are your temps when doing your normal workload?

around 60 -70 its not stable at all I cant tell

1 minute ago, mbntr said:

Laptop coolers have really little thermal mass, thus when the load is removed the cooler drops in temperature really fast, unlike with bigger tower coolers and expecially water coolers

yes but whats going is the cpu temp is going upto 91 and then 55 there is defintly something going on also when I have a game opened it gose from 80 to 95 up and down really fast 

4 minutes ago, Razener1 said:

around 60 -70 its not stable at all I cant tell

Under load ? That's perfectly fine. 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

B550m TuF plus.

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

24 minutes ago, Razener1 said:

hello,I have pretator helios 300 2019 its core i7 9750H 2.59 I have this issue in it where the cpu temp gose up and down even on idle on idle it gose from 55 to 71 really fast and back to normal  when I open a game in it gose from 80 to 95 and I dont know what to do I dont have anything running in th task manger I tried so many things but still please help!

Temps will always fluctuate in pc's. This is just more pronounced in laptops due to their lower cooling capacity and smaller size. 71 is high for idle so make sure your'e not being crushed by background processes. I just recently sold my gaming laptop, but being a laptop gamer for around 2 years I know that laptop temps are anything but well managed. Going from 80 to 95 when launching a game is normal (at least it was for me) because the cpu usage is spiked from 10-15% idle to 90-100% when loading a game.

If your'e temps are still above 90c in game you can try undervolting. This is a super easy process that can reduce temps by a few c. I was a former Alienware user and these machines were known for overheating. Undervolting did keep me from throttling, whereas before I'd throttle running Chrome.

I hope this helped :3

18 minutes ago, Razener1 said:

yes but whats going is the cpu temp is going upto 91 and then 55 there is defintly something going on also when I have a game opened it gose from 80 to 95 up and down really fast 

That would be the laptops fan curve probably, they probably have it set at really aggresive steps to help with noise.

It's not uncommon for laptops run close to TJ. Max for bursty periods.

My System - OS: Arch Linux CPU: Ryzen 3600 @ 4.1 Ghz 1.33v Motherboard: Asus Strix X470-I Gaming RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200 CL16 GPU: MSI Radeon 5700XT Mech OC

Wifes System - OS: Arch Linux CPU: Ryzen 3600 @ 4.1 Ghz 1.32v Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200 CL16 GPU: AMD 5700XT Reference Card

7 minutes ago, pixxel said:

Temps will always fluctuate in pc's. This is just more pronounced in laptops due to their lower cooling capacity and smaller size. 71 is high for idle so make sure your'e not being crushed by background processes. I just recently sold my gaming laptop, but being a laptop gamer for around 2 years I know that laptop temps are anything but well managed. Going from 80 to 95 when launching a game is normal (at least it was for me) because the cpu usage is spiked from 10-15% idle to 90-100% when loading a game.

If your'e temps are still above 90c in game you can try undervolting. This is a super easy process that can reduce temps by a few c. I was a former Alienware user and these machines were known for overheating. Undervolting did keep me from throttling, whereas before I'd throttle running Chrome.

I hope this helped :3

the laptop has been already been undervolted from the company and I saw youtube videos about this laptop the temps in it is super good while gaming it has really good fans also I dont think the problem is from the termal paste beacuse the laptop is new I have it for almost 4 month now 

25 minutes ago, Razener1 said:

the laptop has been already been undervolted from the company and I saw youtube videos about this laptop the temps in it is super good while gaming it has really good fans also I dont think the problem is from the termal paste beacuse the laptop is new I have it for almost 4 month now 

is the laptop directly on a surface or on one of those fan pads (highly recommended), was it always like this, and turn the power option to balanced, not performance. All it does is extra voltage to the cpu for no reason, doesn't actually improve performance if it's already plugged into the wall.

I would not want to put a 9750H on full load on performance mode without a fan

9900k 1.32v max 1.26v avx 5.1ghz-1avx 4.8 cache 95C 175w 1.05v 4.4ghz 95w 55C R20/blender temps ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 2x8gb 16-16-16-34-280-24 ddr3866  bdie 1.42v dram 1.22v io/sa (anything higher needs more voltage on all (dram/io/sa) ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 power limited 79C max, stock voltage (bad ocer) ll 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 2k60 14bit lut ll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98)

old rig 8600k d15 evga 1080 ti hybrid  z370 extreme 4 2x8gb ddr3000 512gb nvme evo+ 860 evo 500gb raid 0 evga p2 1000w 

1 hour ago, xg32 said:

is the laptop directly on a surface or on one of those fan pads (highly recommended), was it always like this, and turn the power option to balanced, not performance. All it does is extra voltage to the cpu for no reason, doesn't actually improve performance if it's already plugged into the wall.

I would not want to put a 9750H on full load on performance mode without a fan

I have put power mode on blanced also the maxiumn proceser state I put the pluged in on 99% its runing fortnite high settings on about 70 to 80 fps cpu tem is not getting over 83 and its stable but when I put the power mode on best performance the cpu temp gose upto 90s, I will keep it this way sadly in warezone I lose like 15 fps bettween blanced mode and best performace mode :(