How to choose which speakers set to buy?

keavlar

Hey, 

I am thinking to make a purchase for receiver and speakers to do some set up at home. 

Is there a correct way to choose hardware to buy?

I mean, do I need to look at some specific set when buying?

And I am not talking about "HDMI" connections and stuff like this.

But something like :

• Amplifier Section
  1. Channel: 5.1
  2. Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven): 100W (6 ohms, 0.9% THD)
  3. Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 70W (6 ohms, 0.09% THD)
  4. Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 135W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
  5. Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): - / 110 / 130 / 150 W

>

And same with speakers?! 

How can i decide ?

There are such a big price difference at some point, meaning they have something about them. 

Anyway, thx in advance. 

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

I would say the best thing to do is to listen to the stuff you intend to buy.  Specs can be really nice on paper, some are important (and some are made to sell), but it can only tell you so much and are not necessarily representative of how an amplifier or a speaker set will sound.  Also one important thing is to look for some reviews online and the more you can find the better it is. 

As an example, I was looking for an smsl q5 pro dac amp that I found used for about 3/4 of the brand new value.  I had watched some reviews of it and people seemed to like it.  I also found that one ... https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-q5-pro-dac-and-stereo-amplifier-review.10719/

notice how the 2 channels distortion is way different and one is quite higher than the other.  I don't say that I understand all those numbers (I understand some) and I'm certainly not an expert but those distortion numbers made me back up from buying it for my computer setup.  Would I have heard it while listening to music or playing some games, I don't know, but I didn't want to take the chance specially for the price of that amp (100$ CAD) (for 20$ I would have bought it and could have seen for myself). 

So my advice is listen carefully to the stuff you want to buy, take some room measurement of your living room and think about the position of your speakers cause it can matters a lot. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD