Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChrisZH

Rtx 2080 ti upgrade, looking to OC

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Man I upgraded from a Radeon vii to an rtx 2080 ti, had to because the AMD drivers would constantly crash. The performance upgrade is just crazy. I'm really thinking of 4k gaming or 1440p ultrawide. Got the card under water and the temps are below 50c under load. Atleast Nvidia doesn't have broken ass drivers too. I wanted to love and, and for my computing that I do for work and rendering I though nothing could be better than a Radeon vii. I'm trying to find a good overclock for my card, it's the EVGA XC Ultra. Anyone know off the top of their head some good overclocks for the card?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s different for every card. Each card has unique silicone, PCB, etc so we can’t say ‘this is the best overclock for that card’. 

6 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

5Head :wine_glass: AH YES

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, gloop said:

It’s different for every card. Each card has unique silicone, PCB, etc so we can’t say ‘this is the best overclock for that card’. 

Ahh, well that oc scanner tool got me to 2100 MHz core. You think that's a decent one?

Link to post
Share on other sites

if your card has 7000 stock on the memory the worst bin is 1950/7400, if it's one of the later versions with 8000 stock start from 1995/8200

 

The range for the core is 1995-2250 (very rare)

 

i've seen as high as 9200 on the memory but note that if the memory is not well-cooled it will die, so push past 8400 at ur own risk.

 

good luck


9900k 1.32v max 1.26v avx 5.1ghz-1avx 4.8 cache 95C 175w 1.05v 4.4ghz 95w 55C R20/blender temps ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 2x8gb 16-16-16-34-280-24 ddr3866  bdie 1.42v dram 1.22v io/sa (anything higher needs more voltage on all (dram/io/sa) ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 power limited 79C max, stock voltage (bad ocer) ll 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 2k60 14bit lut ll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98)

 

old rig 8600k d15 evga 1080 ti hybrid  z370 extreme 4 2x8gb ddr3000 512gb nvme evo+ 860 evo 500gb raid 0 evga p2 1000w 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, xg32 said:

if your card has 7000 stock on the memory the worst bin is 1950/7400, if it's one of the later versions with 8000 stock start from 1995/8200

 

The range for the core is 1995-2250 (very rare)

 

i've seen as high as 9200 on the memory but note that if the memory is not well-cooled it will die, so push past 8400 at ur own risk.

 

good luck

I'll have to look at the memory speed. Memory overclocks on Turing have a bigger performance hit than core right? But I got it under a full cover block so the memory and vrm are all cooled. I'm not trying to push it to it's limit, I just enjoy basic OCing. It's like a puzzle to me, trying to find where the pieces go. I hope I didn't get screwed with a bad bin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChrisZH said:

I'll have to look at the memory speed. Memory overclocks on Turing have a bigger performance hit than core right?

ive heard memory oc takes away from the power limit, but most cards die from mem temps, multiple people on reddit have killed their cards overpushing the memory. That said, anything under 8400 if stable should be safe.


9900k 1.32v max 1.26v avx 5.1ghz-1avx 4.8 cache 95C 175w 1.05v 4.4ghz 95w 55C R20/blender temps ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 2x8gb 16-16-16-34-280-24 ddr3866  bdie 1.42v dram 1.22v io/sa (anything higher needs more voltage on all (dram/io/sa) ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 power limited 79C max, stock voltage (bad ocer) ll 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 2k60 14bit lut ll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98)

 

old rig 8600k d15 evga 1080 ti hybrid  z370 extreme 4 2x8gb ddr3000 512gb nvme evo+ 860 evo 500gb raid 0 evga p2 1000w 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, xg32 said:

ive heard memory oc takes away from the power limit, but most cards die from mem temps, multiple people on reddit have killed their cards overpushing the memory. That said, anything under 8400 if stable should be safe.

That under water too? Is there a way to get memory temps, like HW info?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChrisZH said:

That under water too? Is there a way to get memory temps, like HW info?

i think the ftw3 has hot spot sensors, for the ultra i don't think so, u can double check though, most of the readings i see were with temp guns, i'm not 100% updated since i have a boomer card from the first runs.


9900k 1.32v max 1.26v avx 5.1ghz-1avx 4.8 cache 95C 175w 1.05v 4.4ghz 95w 55C R20/blender temps ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 2x8gb 16-16-16-34-280-24 ddr3866  bdie 1.42v dram 1.22v io/sa (anything higher needs more voltage on all (dram/io/sa) ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 power limited 79C max, stock voltage (bad ocer) ll 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 2k60 14bit lut ll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98)

 

old rig 8600k d15 evga 1080 ti hybrid  z370 extreme 4 2x8gb ddr3000 512gb nvme evo+ 860 evo 500gb raid 0 evga p2 1000w 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, xg32 said:

i think the ftw3 has hot spot sensors, for the ultra i don't think so, u can double check though, most of the readings i see were with temp guns, i'm not 100% updated since i have a boomer card from the first runs.

Well hopefully I'll be fine, atleast EVGA is amazing on warranty. I guess I won't push it too hard 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChrisZH said:

Man I upgraded from a Radeon vii to an rtx 2080 ti, had to because the AMD drivers would constantly crash. The performance upgrade is just crazy. I'm really thinking of 4k gaming or 1440p ultrawide. Got the card under water and the temps are below 50c under load. Atleast Nvidia doesn't have broken ass drivers too. I wanted to love and, and for my computing that I do for work and rendering I though nothing could be better than a Radeon vii. I'm trying to find a good overclock for my card, it's the EVGA XC Ultra. Anyone know off the top of their head some good overclocks for the card?

I have a EVGA XC. I will show you my 24/7 overclock and my full out overclock. Yours will be higher since you are on water. I also use Heaven for these tests because I can run it in a window and remove CPU bottlenecking through settings.

 

Max overclock. 

XCoc2020max.thumb.jpg.66d906f31927e9ea0c0c5f470a63367d.jpg

Any higher on the memory the card will artifact. Any more on the clock and the bench will crash. The card is bound by heat even with fans at 100%.

 

This is my 24/7 overclock on the XC. All my games will run on it with the exception of Control and it needs + 110 on the clock to run. 

As you can see the card runs very hot with the default fan curve in this bench but was usually in the 70s playing games. 

I no longer use the card in my gaming rigs.

XCoc2020.thumb.jpg.56e2a98a147190df72f2baf0b4c9a9cd.jpg

  


RIG#1 CPU: Intel i9 10900k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA  RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: Corsair EVGA 1300 G2 | Case: Cooler Master H500M | Cooler: SilverStone PF360 | SSD: Crucial P1 1TB | Monitor: LG 38" 3840 x 1600 75hz


RIG#2 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: Corsair RMx1000W | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

 

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ti SC | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 2TB | Monitor: LG 32" 4k 60hz  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have that card.  On water mine is:

 

Core: 2100mhz

Mem: 8000mhz

 

Nice even numbers :) 

 

Occasionally in long gaming sessions itll get up to 55 degrees, at which point it drops to 2070mhz but I am happy with the performance.


El Zoido: 9900k / Hydro X / z390 Aorus master / 32 gb Corsair vengeance 3000mHz LPX / RTX 2080 ti / Fractal Define R6

 

The Box: 3900x / DR4 / b450 Asrock ITX / 32 gb Corsair vengeance 3000mHz LPX / RTX 2080 ti / Meshify mini w/ Noctua 140 Blacks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Zberg said:

I have that card.  On water mine is:

 

Core: 2100mhz

Mem: 8000mhz

 

Nice even numbers :) 

 

Occasionally in long gaming sessions itll get up to 55 degrees, at which point it drops to 2070mhz but I am happy with the performance.

Yea I have a +140 on core and +400 on memory. I think I'll try pushing memory more. Mine so far in games only got to like 46c. Compared to my Radeon vii at 90c on water lol. My pump doesnt even get past 40% speed anymore. My system is silent now and I love it lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×