Home Ethernet to coax cable

Zmaster2009

Hello everyone. My friend in the country has asked me to do something I haven't ever actually done. He has 400mbs TWC service at his house. The house isnt the issue. He has a few barns. The furthest barn he installed a pretty nice camera system. But it's out in the barn 1500ft away from the house. I have an entire spool of coax cable. Looking online tells me I can do 1640ft. Ok sweet. But how do I connect coax to Ethernet. Camera system has rj45 and the modem at the house has rj47. I have crimpers and compressor to make end for just about anything I need to do. I orginaly planned on cat5e but I'd need multiple switch's to do the job which I do have. But the coax looks the most straight forward. Any knowledge appreciated.

1 minute ago, Zmaster2009 said:

Hello everyone. My friend in the country has asked me to do something I haven't ever actually done. He have 400mbs TWC service at his house. The house is t the issue. He has a few barns. The furthest barn he installed a pretty nice camera system. But it's out in the barn 1500ft away from the house. I have an entire spool of coax cable. Looking online tells me I can do 1640ft. Ok sweet. But how do I connect coax to Ethernet. Camera system has rj45 and the modem at the house has rj47. I have crimpers and compressor to make end for just about anything I need to do. I orginaly planned on cat5e but I'd need multiple switch's to do the job which I do have. But the coax looks the most straight forward. Any knowledge appreciated.

why not use point-to-multipoint wireless instead?

5 minutes ago, kkpatel87 said:

why not use point-to-multipoint wireless instead?

What does that involve. 

18 minutes ago, Zmaster2009 said:

What does that involve. 

You have one satellite on top of the internet roof, then many more pointing to the rest of the barns. You can achieve great distance and be wire free! 

2 hours ago, Zmaster2009 said:

1500ft

The standard you're looking at is called Moca. I highly doubt it can even achieve that distance. Moca was made to work at the distance of household runs, not the distance that cable providers would be running cabling. For that distance you need Fiber or as mentioned above, site to site wireless. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Update. The distance was actually measured today. It's more like 650-700ft. Also. Reason why I was interested is coax was because I already had the coax(pictured below). And the stated coax use speed is acceptable upto 1640ft. Which orginaly estimate distance was within. I don't want to spend an arm and leg for additional equipment that would be over kill. Was Interested in knowing more about these things 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/X-RJAX-Snap-In-Coax-Female-to-Male-Combo-Kit-Black/447285679?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1148&&adid=22222222228000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=42423897272&wl4=pla-51320962143&wl5=9014958&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112562587&wl11=online&wl12=447285679&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6ar4BRDnARIsAITGzlCB1JziliZ1apFYLMuIj1He5-14TZCzaHwTdJVMxQ_F0a0GevO5uekaAjyQEALw_wcB

20200712_142047.jpg

24 minutes ago, Zmaster2009 said:

Was Interested in knowing more about these things 

Never seen these before. Doubt they would work. Moca/Deca are the only two standards I know of that transmit Ethernet over coax. Deca is used by DirectV as their services use the same bands as Moca, Deca is a much slower standard. Even at 600 ft, I doubt it will work. Moca is good for like 300 feet or so. Only way to cover that distance would be Site to Site wireless or Fiber. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.