Help my SSD's are suddenly running at 500mb/s

intelisfornoobs

Three days ago, I finished building a great pc gaming rig with all ssd storage.

The storage setup consists of a WD Black 256gb Nvme M.2 for boot and two Sandisk Ultra II 960gb drives for game storage. They are running in a spanned storage array and just a few minutes ago, everything was working fine, everything super fast but now, just a few minutes later, everything is super slow. Anything on the drives takes years to open and running crytaldiskmark gets read scores of 550 MB/s and writes of 350 MB/s. What's even more interesting is that not only do apps on the Ultra II's have trouble opening and closing, even certain programs on the fast WD Black boot drive (specifically task manager) are just as slow to open and close. Some programs on the M.2 (like chrome) are really fast like usual but others like task manager are super slow too. Running crystaldiskmark on the WD Black M.2 gets aroung 1620 MB/s reads and 1470 MB/s writes (usual #'s).

Those scores from CrystalDiskMark are only from the SEQ1MQ8T1 benchmark. If you need it, I can run full tests. Other possibly useful info:

Ryzen 5 3600

Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro Wifi

2 x 8gb 3000mhz Team T-Force VulcanZ Memory

Gigabyte RTX 2070

Corsair CX550M

I salvaged the Ultra II's from a recently upgraded server for a business that was being sold. They were lightly used and I got them for free so I favored them over HDD's. That could be something to do with it... not sure.

My guess is that It's a software issue since it was doing fine a few minutes ago and because there might be something wrong due to the drives being run together as "Spanned" drives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!