is the GTX 1650 VR supported / able to run?

bruh21

youtube is blank with info on if the GTX 1650 is VR ready or not.

well thats were low spec gamers graphic changer comes into play

2 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

It'll work, but I don't recommend it, you might feel sick

thanks

what's you're CPU? GPU will "work" it just wont be good.

I hope you didn't make this thread just so you could post your meme...

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

i did not dude im trying to buy the acer nitro 5 and i wanted to know smh

3 minutes ago, bruh21 said:

also, CPU is an i5 9300H btw

The CPU is somewhat slow, the 1650 is definitely also gonna be below what you need. The 1650 is fairly close to the 1050 ti and it is not enough for a comfortable VR experience. The 1650 super is the recommended minimum.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

all i need is for sombody to use the steam VR test so i can get a BASE deffinition on what the GPU can do since i want the acer nitro 5 (since im not wanting to spend 1000 on a laptop that wont be heavy)

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

The CPU is somewhat slow, the 1650 is definitely also gonna be below what you need. The 1650 is fairly close to the 1050 ti and it is not enough for a comfortable VR experience. The 1650 super is the recommended minimum.

thanks but im trying to buy a laptop for VR and the acer nitro 5 had a good CPU and GPU so i bought it so i want info on the VR so im asking, dose anybody got a laptop with a GTX 1650 or PC the CPU is fine as im useing this laptop for a year and gonna buy me a full VR supported PC

2 minutes ago, bruh21 said:

thanks but im trying to buy a laptop for VR and the acer nitro 5 had a good CPU and GPU so i bought it so i want info on the VR so im asking, dose anybody got a laptop with a GTX 1650 or PC the CPU is fine as im useing this laptop for a year and gonna buy me a full VR supported PC

if you already bought it, then no, you're better off waiting until you buy a proper PC for VR. it's just going to make you sick and train your body to get sick every time you step into VR. it will be a miserable experience.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

ok, but a GTX 1050 TI is OK for VR without motion sickness but, a 1650 isnt LOL exsplain this logic please.

2 minutes ago, bruh21 said:

ok, but a GTX 1050 TI is OK for VR without motion sickness but, a 1650 isnt LOL exsplain this logic please.

It's not. The 1050 ti is much too choppy in many VR games for a smooth experience.

I used a GTX 970 when the HTC Vive was new, and that was the bare minimum for good frames in VR.

7 minutes ago, bruh21 said:

thanks but im trying to buy a laptop for VR and the acer nitro 5 had a good CPU and GPU so i bought it

Why did you buy a laptop before finding out if the GPU would deliver what you wanted?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

and i bought the PC for post scriptum and WWII games. and found out its past the recommended

4 minutes ago, bruh21 said:

ok then...

Plays 3 games only (one of which is VR chat, a joke for a "benchmark"), doesn't share frame time data, doesn't show whole system configuration, doesn't upload in 60 frames per second so the user can see the frame time consistency.

I would go so far as to say this user might have been even running single channel ram, and was just putting up with the poor performance. This analysis is pretty poor, and doesn't really share a good evaluation of the experience.

But you seem to want the VR headset so just buy it, and stop asking. You seem determined to tell us that we are wrong, despite my personal experience with VR, which is what you wanted in the first place.

Primary PC:

Do you want to listen to the response you get, or did you just want us to say "yes it will work perfectly"?

i don't understand the mentality of asking a question that you already have your own answer to or want to hear a specific answer and if other people's responses don't match that, you just dismiss them.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

just asking public and seeing if they could help but some help more then others since the GTX 1050 TI is not the best and i needed help with the 1650 thats it, not regretting cause there are NO youtube videos of the 1650 but of 1050 TI thats why i came here.

3 minutes ago, bruh21 said:

just asking public and seeing if they could help but some help more then others since the GTX 1050 TI is not the best and i needed help with the 1650 thats it, not regretting cause there are NO youtube videos of the 1650 but of 1050 TI thats why i came here.

and we've all said it will "work" it just wont be good, but you just don't seem to want to listen because you already have it in your head that it will work perfectly without issue. You don't want answers, you want validation.

VR MINIMUM Recommended is a GTX970, the 1650 falls well short of this. can you play games under minimum spec? yes, but VR is a whole different beast when it comes to inconsistent frame time and dropped frames.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

dude the only reason im asking is cause youtube dont got an answer god damn dude i read them and i understood just people said it will be sickening thats why you change resolution ALL im saying is thanks

• 7 months later...
On 7/11/2020 at 9:23 PM, bruh21 said:

all i need is for sombody to use the steam VR test so i can get a BASE deffinition on what the GPU can do since i want the acer nitro 5 (since im not wanting to spend 1000 on a laptop that wont be heavy)

I ran the SteamVR performance test, and it exceeded the "ready" mark with my 1650 overclocked. Just below "ready" at stock clock. However, I ran several games in VR at stock speed and noticed I was getting an optimal frame rate on the Oculus Rift S (80 frames per second most of the time, due solely to the 80Hz refresh rate). The only exceptions are VRChat and Rec Room, but that's not the GPU. That's poor optimization for the games. A VPN definitely helps to fix the server connection, though. And even then, I sustained 70 to 80 frames per second most of the time. Pavlov hit a constant 80 frames per second, as well as Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted and a couple of other games. 

On 7/11/2020 at 9:33 PM, Fasauceome said:

It's not. The 1050 ti is much too choppy in many VR games for a smooth experience.

I used a GTX 970 when the HTC Vive was new, and that was the bare minimum for good frames in VR.

Why did you buy a laptop before finding out if the GPU would deliver what you wanted?

Have you seen the benchmarks? The GTX 970 is literally 10 frames faster than the GTX 1650. And you can overclock the 1650.  

7 minutes ago, PhantomGaming04 said:

And you can overclock the 1650.  

you can't overclock the 970? that's news to me.

7 minutes ago, PhantomGaming04 said:

The GTX 970 is literally 10 frames faster than the GTX 1650

in what games? what settings? 10 frames by itself doesn't mean much.

also, this topic is 7 months old

Primary PC: