Some programs taking five to six seconds to open, others open instantly.

Warjec
Go to solution Solved by Warjec,
31 minutes ago, WunkusMcDunkus said:

I know the sound you were talking about. Sounds like Windows knows there's a problem then and is limiting the performance. I would try a remount if you haven't already, then a Windows reinstall if it doesn't work.

It was the "Nahimic Service", specifically Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar. Once I uninstalled Sonic Studio and Sonic Radio my programs opened like normal.

4 minutes ago, Warjec said:

Hmm, I don’t know about BIOS. The slow loading of programs occurs on High Performance and Balanced mode in Windows. You know offhand of any power saving options for Asus boards? I’ll have to take a look. 

No, not a clue off of the top of my head. What board do you have?

5 minutes ago, WunkusMcDunkus said:

No, not a clue off of the top of my head. What board do you have?

ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming. I went into the BIOS doesn't look like anything is enabled that would effect power saving.

After the restart I clicked on Google Chrome and it opened immediately. I clicked on TS3 and it opened within a second.

I heard a sound that sounds like a USB device was unplugged, like if you take out a USB stick, etc.. After that sound the programs were back to loading slowly.

Edit: I take that back, I disabled all startup programs and the slow speed of programs opening only starts about five seconds after Windows starts. 

1 minute ago, Warjec said:

ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming. I went into the BIOS doesn't look like anything is enabled that would effect power saving.

After the restart I clicked on Google Chrome and it opened immediately. I clicked on TS3 and it opened within a second.

I heard a sound that sounds like a USB device was unplugged, like if you take out a USB stick, etc.. After that sound the programs were back to loading slowly.

I know the sound you were talking about. Sounds like Windows knows there's a problem then and is limiting the performance. I would try a remount if you haven't already, then a Windows reinstall if it doesn't work.

9 minutes ago, WunkusMcDunkus said:

So I've decided to do a Clean Boot after reading something through search. Disabling all non-Windows apps has fixed the problem. I'm currently going through the last of startup applications one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

As of now the disabling sound on start up is the Corsair iCUE program. But it is not effecting my programs from opening. Will update when I complete this.

31 minutes ago, WunkusMcDunkus said:

It was the "Nahimic Service", specifically Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar. Once I uninstalled Sonic Studio and Sonic Radio my programs opened like normal.

Just now, Warjec said:

It was the "Nahimic Service", specifically Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar.

Nice :)