Some programs taking five to six seconds to open, others open instantly.

Warjec
Go to solution Solved by Warjec,
31 minutes ago, WunkusMcDunkus said:

I know the sound you were talking about. Sounds like Windows knows there's a problem then and is limiting the performance. I would try a remount if you haven't already, then a Windows reinstall if it doesn't work.

It was the "Nahimic Service", specifically Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar. Once I uninstalled Sonic Studio and Sonic Radio my programs opened like normal.

Specs; 9900K, 32GB RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVME. (Windows 10)

Anyway, when I start my computer up right after it hits the main screen I'll open Google Chrome or other programs like TeamSpeak 3 or some others and it will open instantly. Now, after things load up unfortunately, which is quick, 

After everything changes. Google Chrome,  TS3 and some others will take five to six seconds to open if they're not opened already obviously. Trying to open a compressed file takes five seconds as well for the WinRAR window to open.

These are my Start Up programs;

6wD5KNO.png

Not sure if it could be a mixed BIOS thing or something? I have Samsung Magician and everything is installed and it says the write speeds are correct... at a loss and confused. Others with computers that aren't near mine performance wise say their programs open in less than a second or so... and I'm waiting five seconds for Google Chrome and some other programs to open.

Wow mr spoiled but fr just because of the SSD doesn't mean every program starts super fast at startup some needs to initialize drivers or load huge stuff

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

Wow mr spoiled but fr just because of the SSD doesn't mean every program starts super fast at startup some needs to initialize drivers or load huge stuff

Not trying to say I'm spoiled, but I'm confused as to why some programs will take five seconds to load. I see no reason why Chrome or Edge should take five seconds to load on an 970 EVO Plus of all things when write is correct and on par with what it should be.

1 minute ago, Warjec said:

Not trying to say I'm spoiled, but I'm confused as to why some programs will take five seconds to load. I see no reason why Chrome or Edge should take five seconds to load on an 970 EVO Plus of all things when write is correct and on par with what it should be.

Well chrome take some time to load for me too it probably is due to stuff related to drivers and loading textures

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

Well chrome take some time to load for me too it probably is due to stuff related to drivers and loading textures

The thing is from friends and even another PC I have, when I click on Chrome or other programs, even Streamlabs or opening a file in WinRAR they will open almost instantly.

After all the startup programs are loaded on this PC the same programs will take five seconds to load, exactly five seconds as well. There's nothing longer or shorter. But a few other programs will open instantly.

8 minutes ago, Kanna said:

This is one of the worst answers I've seen in a long time. 

6 minutes ago, Warjec said:

Chrome, or any browser for that matter, should not take more than a second to launch after the OS is completly booted.

It can happen that a program takes longer to load, if it's starting up right after the system is POSTed, because Windows 10 will still load other components of its system.

So to resolve this issue I would simply go ahead and download and install a fresh version of Windows 10.

I would not bother trying to find the exact issue.

8 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Read the post, they said the opposite, it starts quick on boot but slow afterwards, which is the opposite of what you'd expect.

If you're going to be aggressive and condescending at least make sure you understood what you're commenting on. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

This is one of the worst answers I've seen in a long time. 

Missunderstood

Reminder⚠️

I'm not sure if it could be a motherboard settings I'm not seeing or what, but I've completely done a clean install when I first got the m2 drive so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Read the post, they said the opposite, it starts quick on boot but slow afterwards, which is the opposite of what you'd expect.

If you're going to be aggressive and condescending at least make sure you understood what you're commenting on. 

Ohh now I see that is completely my fault I'm so sorry

Reminder⚠️

Open Task Manager and monitor CPU usage, see if anything is chewing cycles that shouldn't be.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

One thing you could also try is to enable Samsung's rapid mode within the Samsung Magician software.

It's basidally a RAM cache.

If that fixes the issue, then we certainly know that there is some sort of issue with the drive, motherboard or some BIOS setting.

Just now, Senzelian said:

One thing you could also try is to enable Samsung's rapid mode within the Samsung Magician software.

It's basidally a RAM cache.

If that fixes the issue, then we certainly know that there is some sort of issue with the drive, motherboard or some BIOS setting.

It's telling me the 970 EVO Plus doesn't support RAPID mode, only works on my 860 EVO.

26 minutes ago, Warjec said:

Anyway, when I start my computer up right after it hits the main screen I'll open Google Chrome or other programs like TeamSpeak 3 or some others and it will open instantly. Now, after things load up unfortunately, which is quick, 

After everything changes. Google Chrome,  TS3 and some others will take five to six seconds to open if they're not opened already obviously. Trying to open a compressed file takes five seconds as well for the WinRAR window to open.

Chrome is probably loading all of your data like browsing history etc.

6 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Open Task Manager and monitor CPU usage, see if anything is chewing cycles that shouldn't be.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary, some garbage RGB apps which sometimes use more than 1% rarely but  even when I turn them off I'm having the same issue.

Just now, WunkusMcDunkus said:

Was apparently the wrong answer was something the other way

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Warjec said:

It's telling me the 970 EVO Plus doesn't support RAPID mode, only works on my 860 EVO.

Damn it. 😦

Well, what happens if you install WIndows 10 onto your 860 Evo on a different partition? That's something you could try out.

2 minutes ago, WunkusMcDunkus said:

It happens with other programs as well though, TeamSpeak 3, opening WinRAR of all things, Streamlabs, etc.. But if I want to open CPUID or some other programs it'll almost be instant.

29 minutes ago, Warjec said:

Specs; 9900K, 32GB RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVME. (Windows 10)

These are my Start Up programs;

6wD5KNO.png

Not sure if it could be a mixed BIOS thing or something? I have Samsung Magician and everything is installed and it says the write speeds are correct... at a loss and confused. Others with computers that aren't near mine performance wise say their programs open in less than a second or so... and I'm waiting five seconds for Google Chrome and some other programs to open.

Not everything is instant. However the AV software is responsible for loading delays 9 times out of 10, and most other reasons is simply because the software is obnoxiously large (eg anything based on a browser, discord, slack, spotify, steam, epic game store) for what little it does. 

It happens with other programs as well though, TeamSpeak 3, opening WinRAR of all things, Streamlabs, etc.. But if I want to open CPUID or anything some other programs it'll almost be instant.

Yeah, sounds weird. Is the read speed on the drive consistent? 

2 minutes ago, WunkusMcDunkus said:

Yeah, sounds weird. Is the read speed on the drive consistent? 

Yes, Samsung Magician test shows the same read/write speed as advertised.

Yes, Samsung Magician test shows the same read/write speed as advertised.

What about temps? Samsung NVMEs are semi-notorious for this, or have been in the past. That could cause occasional system tardiness.

1 minute ago, WunkusMcDunkus said:

What about temps? Samsung NVMEs are semi-notorious for this, or have been in the past. That could cause occasional system tardiness.

Temps are good, 45c. 

Just now, Warjec said:

Temps are good, 45c. 

Any kind of power saving enabled in BIOS or Windows?

13 minutes ago, WunkusMcDunkus said:

Any kind of power saving enabled in BIOS or Windows?

Hmm, I don’t know about BIOS. The slow loading of programs occurs on High Performance and Balanced mode in Windows. You know offhand of any power saving options for Asus boards? I’ll have to take a look.