Can i connect my pc with a laptop Display?

Hey Guyz 

Sorry for my bad english.

i am trying to connect my laptop display with my pc because luckily my laptop display is overclocked to 100 hz and it the display speaks for it self.. it is an oled panel with reasonable response time.. i wanna switch from my desktop 60 hz monitor to laptop 100hz monitor.. i found some solutions online but all of them was a screen mirroring softwares which does not utilize my laptop 100hz because they stream at 1080p 60hz.. and also they have unreasonable amount of input lag.. my laptop is very old.. and no one uses it anymore.. i also tried windows 10 wireless display thing.. but my desktop does not support miracast and without that it is not possible.. so if there is any kind of solution out there which can solve my problem and with that solution i can use my laptop display as a secondary display that would be great and also if it does not have unreasonable amount of latency that will also be apreciated.. just leave your ideas.. i am here to try them..

I think you can’t, since the HDMI in the laptop is actually a Display Out.

Unless you can find a compatible controller for your display to use it over HDMI or whatever and are willing to basically make the laptop not a laptop anymore, your only option is wireless mirroring.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Biks said:

I think you can’t, since the HDMI in the laptop is actually a Display Out.

i know that,, otherwise i would have tried that .. but is there any solution out there,, like with ethernet cable or something since ethernet can use as a display out

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Unless you can find a compatible controller for your display to use it over HDMI or whatever and are willing to basically make the laptop not a laptop anymore, your only option is wireless mirroring.

but that would not solve my issue..

2 minutes ago, Silenc3 said:

but that would not solve my issue..

Dude...that *is* your solution. I gave you the two possible options. Not my fault you don't like em. Although I'm not sure what latency you're talking about when mirroring, as using Steam in-home streaming from my desktop to my Raspberry Pi has almost zero latency that I can tell.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Dude...that *is* your solution. I gave you the two possible options. Not my fault you don't like em. Although I'm not sure what latency you're talking about when mirroring, as using Steam in-home streaming from my desktop to my Raspberry Pi has almost zero latency that I can tell.

dude... why are u so angry :P.. i said that most screen mirrioring or streaming softwares supports 1080 at 60 fps.. and i wannna utilize 100hz so it will not be useful

Well again it's not like you have a choice, it's mirroring/streaming software or nothing...

Parsec and  Rainway are both made for game streaming and have extended resolution/refresh rate support and low latency, might work for you if the laptop isn't too crappy and can decode the stream correctly.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 minutes ago, Silenc3 said:

dude... why are u so angry :P.. i said that most screen mirrioring or streaming softwares supports 1080 at 60 fps.. and i wannna utilize 100hz so it will not be useful

Because you aren't listenting to what I'm saying.

You: I want to use my laptop's display as a second screen for my desktop
Me: You can only use X or Y to do that, there is literally not another way

You: But I don't want to use X or Y! Just answer my question!!!1!

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

The only other option is taking apart the laptop and harvesting the screen. Some displays can be adapted to be used as external displays but not all. What laptop do you have (or better, what model is the display)?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked