Could we install Windows 10 arm on android tablets?

lillo9546

Hello

I would like to ask if tablets like Onyx Boox Max3 or Remarkable2, that have arm cpus, could run windows or linux or macos arm os natively.

could that be possible?

Probably? Drivers would be a problem I suppose. And getting your hands on an installer. Linux should be the easiest to do.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

yes since Linux has arm versions it is more likely to work

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Don't know much about the tablets you listed, but I did have an 8" Bush windows 10.

I can tell you I found out why  small low cost Windows tablets didn't catch on. They are a terrible user experience. Slow and difficult to use. If you don't have it in tablet mode you Need very thin fingers. And if you're going to use it in tablet mode you may as well go Android. An OS designed for that type of hardware. 

Can you check the device i listed and see if maybe it is possible to do it :)?

Onyx Boox max 3 have play store so maybe it is possible to run some virtual machine?

Pretty much no chance.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, lillo9546 said:

I would like to ask if tablets like Onyx Boox Max3 or Remarkable2, that have arm cpus, could run windows or linux or macos arm os natively.

could that be possible?

Yes, they could, if drivers were available and the bootloader was unlockable and compatible with non-Android OS, or someone wrote a compatible one from scratch or ported U-boot for the device. Alas, it's pretty much guaranteed that there are no drivers for those, so that already kills that idea.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

43 minutes ago, lillo9546 said:

Can you check the device i listed and see if maybe it is possible to do it :)?

Onyx Boox max 3 have play store so maybe it is possible to run some virtual machine?

isn't that more an E-reader than a tablet?

i don;t think that's gonna work.

The Boox is an android tablet with an e-paper display.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2