Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A.Hruskach

Weird Android 10 Status Bar Cellular Icon

You are connected to a network extender. Cell service providers provide network extenders for use typically within some buildings to boost indoor signal strength. It is especially useful in places where walls block cell signal to people within the building.

These extenders ride on the landline internet service in use by the building. It can also be used to extend the cell service to faraway and remote areas. The extender is a smaller device and cannot cover anywhere near the same area as full blown cell towers.

Posted · Original PosterOP

What is the "house" icon with the bars on my Galaxy S10? It appears when I'm at the same geographic locations, but does it mean I'm connected to like a cellular network extender? Or VoLTE / Wifi Calling?

Screenshot_20200711-081930_Gallery.png

I've seen people suggest it means you're connected to a cellular network extender.

insisting you think for yourself means you don't and just have an excuse to deny evidence.

Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Suika said:

I've seen people suggest it means you're connected to a cellular network extender.

Thought so. I just think it's strange because of how good my coverage is in my city. I don't notice it in dense places either

Posted · Best Answer

You are connected to a network extender. Cell service providers provide network extenders for use typically within some buildings to boost indoor signal strength. It is especially useful in places where walls block cell signal to people within the building.

These extenders ride on the landline internet service in use by the building. It can also be used to extend the cell service to faraway and remote areas. The extender is a smaller device and cannot cover anywhere near the same area as full blown cell towers.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.