New build, temps and voltages

JP8296
Go to solution Solved by Mateyyy,

Idle temps don't really matter as long as they're not 70C+ and your load temperatures are within check. 

Also, idle voltages being high on Zen 2 is normal. In some cases you'll even see spikes to 1.5V on the Vcore at idle, but since there's no real large amount of current going through the CPU it's really not harmful, it's just the way these CPUs were designed. For load voltages you'll want to stay under ~1.35V though, for 24/7 use.

So I just finish my new build (first in 7 years) and I'm having some doubts about the cpu temps and voltages, i'm using a Rog strix X570 E, 3900X, ram ll 32g 3600, cooler Corsair H150I pro xt. The cpu on idle gets around 42º (fans and pump on balance and thermal grizzly hydronaut ) read on ryzen master, core temp shows 48/50º and Al Suite III fluctuations around 38/44º at same time, 1.42-1.43 V with no OC, are this values normal on this cpu? From what I search seems a little high and i don't know what values to trust.

Idle temps don't really matter as long as they're not 70C+ and your load temperatures are within check. 

Also, idle voltages being high on Zen 2 is normal. In some cases you'll even see spikes to 1.5V on the Vcore at idle, but since there's no real large amount of current going through the CPU it's really not harmful, it's just the way these CPUs were designed. For load voltages you'll want to stay under ~1.35V though, for 24/7 use.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

After 20 min Stress test on cpu z the temp don't go over 80º and the vcore sits at 1.36v average, so i should be fine with this? I need to read lot before get back into overclock and this is my first AMD cpu so, lots of doubts. 

yeah that's fine. ryzen have quite high idle temps, but under load it's what matters. if it doesn't go over 80, that's great. i'd only be worried if it goes over 90.