AIO for Zen 2

Hi guys, any opinion between

1) Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler

2) NZXT Kraken X73

3) NZXT Kraken Z73

The CPU that I'll be cooling will be a Ryzen 9 3900X

For the reviews and forums, it seems like the Corsair is quieter, the NZXT ones are louder but may perform better?

I'm not sure pls advice. Thanks!

Replace the fear of the unknown with curiosity!

Pretty sure they're all using 360mm aluminium fairly slim radiators, so the whole quieter/better question comes down to the fans and the fan curve.

If the H150i you picked uses Corsair's quite decent ML120 fans, then I'd guess they're better than the ones NZXT includes with their AIOs.

Are you set on this overkill of an AIO though? Any Zen 2 CPU could run even with PBO with an NH-U12S just fine in terms of temperatures, while also remaining quiet(er).

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

6 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Are you set on this overkill of an AIO though? Any Zen 2 CPU could run even with PBO with an NH-U12S just fine in terms of temperatures, while also remaining quiet(er).

yeah if i upgrade in the future i would (hopefully) be able to use the same aio

wondering if ryzen 9 is any good for overclocking and is it a good idea since i (probably) will have the thermal headroom?

Replace the fear of the unknown with curiosity!

4 minutes ago, sczze said:

yeah if i upgrade in the future i would (hopefully) be able to use the same aio

wondering if ryzen 9 is any good for overclocking and is it a good idea since i (probably) will have the thermal headroom?

Depends on how far "in the future" means, as AIOs are not exactly the best option for long-term reliability.

Manual overclocking on Zen 2 is meh. You're more often than not better off just enabling PBO and letting it do its thing.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Best price/performance would be the Liquid Freezer II from Arctic like @boggy77 said. 

5 minutes ago, sczze said:

is it a good idea since i (probably) will have the thermal headroom?

It comes out of the box pretty much maxed, you might be able to get an extra 100mhz but remember to not push voltage past 1.325v. 

Just got a NZXT Kraken X73 for my 3900x (but with cryorig fans) and under a full stress test i hit 65c max. So far its been quite and keep temps good. Gaming its more 40c

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

20 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Depends on how far "in the future" means, as AIOs are not exactly the best option for long-term reliability.

Manual overclocking on Zen 2 is meh. You're more often than not better off just enabling PBO and letting it do its thing.

You can get a decent returns, but it requires overclocking secondary and tertiary memory settings and IF as well, which is too much for most people.

1 hour ago, ravenshrike said:

You can get a decent returns, but it requires overclocking secondary and tertiary memory settings and IF as well, which is too much for most people.

Yeah that's kind of what I mean. Most people aren't really interested in going into all the nitty gritty settings.