My AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 8G is throttling a lot while I game it wasnt like that when I bought it

Kodai

I have the AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 8G and when I game sometimes it throttles for about 5 sec then it slows down so temps go up to 87 degrees it wasnt like this when I bough it, I'm using the aorus engine and I set my fans to max out at 80 degrees but it still throttles.

Also I have a very good ventilated case and it is clean from dust.

Does anyone have any idea y is this happening? and how can I fix it?

Thanks

What case and fan setup do you have?

Try creating a custom fan curve in afterburner. 

Something is definitely wrong, mine maxes out at 76c in an ITX case and doesn't go to 100% fan till 80c.

Shite factory thermal paste, the cooler's actually not mounted properly and/or faulty, or your ambient temperatures are through the roof, if your case really is well ventilated.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I have an old csae but it i still good this is the only old item in my setup , it is the Thermaltake Chaser mk-1.  the front fan is intake and side fan and rear fan are outtake.

I dont know how to create a custom fan curve.

Here is a pic of the fan curve I"m using it was like that when I loaded the aorus engine all I did was move the top to 80 degrees so it runs the fans at max when it reaches 80 degrees.

Untitled.jpg

18 minutes ago, Kodai said:

Does anyone have any idea y is this happening? and how can I fix it?

The thermal paste probably dries out or something. You can repast it if you want. Or clean it 

Dust it off etc. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

The same thing is happening with my Aorus 2080 8g. I can't even play in 4k anymore without the fans sounding like a jet engine.