LG G6 "Water In USB Port" Bug

AAura

My LG G6 has progressively gotten worse with a now contant water in USB port warning message. It has never been near water. I have tried scraping the lint out of the port, blown the port with compressed air, and even tried disabling notifications in the Android OS to no evail. The only solution so far is that after plugging in the charger and being prompted with vibrations and an on screen warning, right after i pull out the charger and the notification below the pop-up dissaperas for around 3 seconds, i can plug in my charger and it works perfectly fine? It makes absolutely no sense and will charge to 100% as long as i do this. 

Are there any solutions to this probelm. I really dont care about the risk of damage in the future as the message is clearly wrong in this case.

My brother had this same issue with the same phone. So I fixed his phone by going into the system services and turning one off. Issue is since its not rooted it will need to be done again after reboots. Let me try and find what that service was again.

Edit can't seem to find the exact thing I did not to mention there seems to be a lot of "fixes" so its possible it could be a different issue anyways. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.