Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babadoctor

R9 270x isn't detected by Dell OEM motherboard.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Is this something to do with the motherboard being OEM and only allowing certain graphics cards to be installed?

 

The radeon graphics card is not detected by the motherboard, and I can assure you that this graphics card works. I tested it in another system.

 

The graphics card turns on and spins, however there is no video. After 5 minutes it starts to spin at max speed and fluctuates depending on what programs I have open (Weird!)

 

 The video runs through the onboard graphics, even if I set the primary video adapter to PCI-E 16x in the BIOS.

 

Whenever I would attempt to install drivers I would get these errors:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb182

 

Any ideas? 

 

CPU: amd athlon ii x4 620 (this has no integrated graphics chip, so how am I getting onboard graphics???)

GPU: Onboard graphics (speccy reports this as a nvidia geforce 9100???)
Motherboard: Dell OEM motherboard

 

Any ideas?


OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, babadoctor said:

CPU: amd athlon ii x4 620 (this has no integrated graphics chip, so how am I getting onboard graphics???)

GPU: Onboard graphics (speccy reports this as a nvidia geforce 9100???)
Motherboard: Dell OEM motherboard

Geforce 9100 is an Integrated GPU on the motherboard itself, though which R9 270X are you using? if the card doesn't have a Dual BIOS Switch to change to Legacy BIOS then it won't work with your board since it doesn't support UEFI BIOS


Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Syn. said:

Geforce 9100 is an Integrated GPU on the motherboard itself, though which R9 270X are you using? if the card doesn't have a Dual BIOS Switch to change to Legacy BIOS then it won't work with your board since it doesn't support UEFI BIOS

Ahhhh, it needs to have support for legacy bios, huh

 

Yeah the BIOS is legacy BIOS.

 

Where would I locate said switch?

 

The GPU is:

Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB GDDR5 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP Dual-X with Boost and OC Version PCI-Express Graphics Card 11217-04-20G

 

 


OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, babadoctor said:

Where would I locate said switch?

 

The GPU is:

Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB GDDR5 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP Dual-X with Boost and OC Version PCI-Express Graphics Card 11217-04-20G

I believe that card does have a switch for Legacy BIOS

image_16.jpg

 

Try looking for this button on the front of the card (the side that's facing you when it's installed in the system) if not then there might be a simple toggle switch?

 

7776_xfx-radeon-r9-380-crimson-edition_3


Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, Syn. said:

I believe that card does have a switch for Legacy BIOS

image_16.jpg

 

Try looking for this button on the front of the card (the side that's facing you when it's installed in the system) if not then there might be a simple toggle switch?

 

7776_xfx-radeon-r9-380-crimson-edition_3

I didn't see any such switch on my card.

 

Oh well.


OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×