Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Earnist_

Bios messed up! (ANGRY)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Just got a new 3600 and updated my bios and everything. I had the 1700x and my ram clocked to 3200mhz with no problems, now if i try that with the 3600 the computer totally locks up after I try to leave bios and won’t come back on for 5 minutes , extremely frustrating. I’ve also tried just entering bios and leaving while changing 0 settings and it still locks up, why is my pc locking up after leaving bios even after changing none of the settings, and I’ve also tried optimized defaults to no avail 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Earnist_ said:

Just got a new 3600 and updated my bios and everything. I had the 1700x and my ram clocked to 3200mhz with no problems, now if i try that with the 3600 the computer totally locks up after I try to leave bios and won’t come back on for 5 minutes , extremely frustrating. I’ve also tried just entering bios and leaving while changing 0 settings and it still locks up, why is my pc locking up after leaving bios even after changing none of the settings, and I’ve also tried optimized defaults to no avail 

Interesting, it seems like it's a problem with the new BIOS. You can try a later revision that still supports 3rd gen.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Interesting, it seems like it's a problem with the new BIOS. You can try a later revision that still supports 3rd gen.

I just downloaded to this bios as it’s the most current version , also my gpu ramps to 100% when ever I power on or off the system which is extremely annoying and that didn’t happen before 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Earnist_ said:

Just got a new 3600 and updated my bios and everything. I had the 1700x and my ram clocked to 3200mhz with no problems, now if i try that with the 3600 the computer totally locks up after I try to leave bios and won’t come back on for 5 minutes , extremely frustrating. I’ve also tried just entering bios and leaving while changing 0 settings and it still locks up, why is my pc locking up after leaving bios even after changing none of the settings, and I’ve also tried optimized defaults to no avail 

Unplug the power, take out the battery on the motherboard, and hold the PC power button down for 10 seconds. Then put the battery back in and replug the power. You'll need to give it a bit longer on power up before POST, but go into BIOS and load defaults, then set the clock, and try a boot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

Unplug the power, take out the battery on the motherboard, and hold the PC power button down for 10 seconds. Then put the battery back in and replug the power. You'll need to give it a bit longer on power up before POST, but go into BIOS and load defaults, then set the clock, and try a boot.

Unfortunately I can’t reach the battery on my board unless I disassemble the entire thing , I have it built into the cooler master h100 but I can reach the jumpers

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Earnist_ said:

Unfortunately I can’t reach the battery on my board unless I disassemble the entire thing , I have it built into the cooler master h100 but I can reach the jumpers

Jumpers might be ok, but some things are not reset by the clear CMOS jumper. Specifically, things related to the RAM, and PCIe configurations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, TehDwonz said:

Jumpers might be ok, but some things are not reset by the clear CMOS jumper. Specifically, things related to the RAM, and PCIe configurations.

Crap , I just don’t understand why my gpu would be at 100% fan speed when powering on or off the system, it never did that before 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Earnist_ said:

Crap , I just don’t understand why my gpu would be at 100% fan speed when powering on or off the system, it never did that before 

Mine has always done that until after POST finishes. It's only a problem if it stays at 100% once you get into BIOS or the OS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TehDwonz said:

Mine has always done that until after POST finishes. It's only a problem if it stays at 100% once you get into BIOS or the OS.

Yeah I'm on a x370 board and everytime I turn on all fans spin to 100%...Earnist_ what motherboard is it? 


AMD 1800x | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | 32gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 | ASUS ROG STRIX 5700xt | Corsair H100i Pro | Corsair Carbide 275 | Corsair RM850x | ASUS PCE-AC68

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×