Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowTech01

What are the best Apple looking pc cases?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

While I do not agree a lot with Apple's decisions and policies, it can't be said that they don't make good looking products. It's a excellent combo of simplicity and futuristic traits that make their computers look professional.

 

I'm looking for cases for upcoming building projects that need to have simular looks. Are there any good cases that could easily make a pc be mistaken for a Apple device? I'm looking for ATX, mATX, ITX, basically anything. It doesn't need to have the whole cheese grater look, but I'm not that picky. Basically the case needs to look like it was designed by Apple. I'm looking at all options.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a White H510? Wouldn’t recommend it though due to extremely limited airflow. 


5Head :wine_glass: AH YES

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShadowTech01 said:

While I do not agree a lot with Apple's decisions and policies, it can't be said that they don't make good looking products. It's a excellent combo of simplicity and futuristic traits that make their computers look professional.

 

I'm looking for cases for upcoming building projects that need to have simular looks. Are there any good cases that could easily make a pc be mistaken for a Apple device? I'm looking for ATX, mATX, ITX, basically anything. It doesn't need to have the whole cheese grater look, but I'm not that picky. Basically the case needs to look like it was designed by Apple. I'm looking at all options.

There was a knockoff Mac Pro case that LTT reviewed which looked pretty good, perhaps you could use that just to mess with people.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, gloop said:

Maybe a White H510? Wouldn’t recommend it though due to extremely limited airflow. 

Airflow is a big thing I need, my creations need to breathe. Thanks though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So you want an aluminum cheese grater case? I understand there’s one around that is a direct rip of a Mac Pro.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A modded PowerMac G5 or an old Mac Pro. My case is a G5 that's been modded for ATX components. 


Laptop: 2020 13" MacBook Pro i5, 512GB, Iris Plus, 16GB LPDDR4X | Phone: iPhone 8 Plus 64GB | Wearables: Apple Watch Sport Series 2 | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell 27 Gaming Monitor S2719DGF 1440p @155Hz, Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there. Here're some suggestions, gravitated towards silver-colored cases (at least, that's my interpretation of "designed by Apple").

  • Dune Pro (Available for $199, Pre-Ordered from Indiegogo): A close replica of the Mac Pro case (E-ATX).
  • LIAN LI PC-TU150 (Available for $97.99 from Newegg): An M-ITX case with an aluminum exterior. Portable handle can be retracted to be completely flush with the case.
  • InWin Chopin (Available for $99.00, Black Variant, from Amazon): An SFF (M-ITX) case with a sleek aluminum exterior. Can be lain vertically or horizontally. Silver variant currently not sold by Amazon or Newegg.
  • InWin 915 (Available for €499 from InWin eStore): A full tower (E-ATX) case with a sleek, elongated cylindrical shape.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksAn Introduction to Custom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

These are looking cool guys. Granted the Inwin ones seem a bit off. It case doesn't have to be silver. It could be white of black as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking for kind of a smooth type of case, maybe slightly rounded? I don't know. I'll know when I see it. Thanks again though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShadowTech01 said:

These are looking cool guys. Granted the Inwin ones seem a bit off. It case doesn't have to be silver. It could be white of black as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking for kind of a smooth type of case, maybe slightly rounded? I don't know. I'll know when I see it. Thanks again though.

There’s an aluminum case in the back of a lot of nexus mods footage I have long coveted.  They’re too pricey for me though.  Shaped like a kitty.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ShadowTech01 said:

These are looking cool guys. Granted the Inwin ones seem a bit off. It case doesn't have to be silver. It could be white of black as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking for kind of a smooth type of case, maybe slightly rounded? I don't know. I'll know when I see it. Thanks again though.

More suggestions, with images:

Spoiler

A5FY_132043900263330670pWWVI8DyPv.jpg     202062432888.jpg

Left: Streamcom DA2 Chassis. Right: JONSBO UMX4

  • Streamcom DA2 Chassis (Available for $259.00 from Newegg)
  • JONSBO UMX4 (Available for $99.00 from Amazon): ATX. Black or Silver, and Solid or TG Side Panels.

(Don't mind me, I just like looking at cases. 😁)

 

35 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There’s an aluminum case in the back of a lot of nexus mods footage I have long coveted.  They’re too pricey for me though.  Shaped like a kitty.

This one?

On 2/29/2020 at 3:59 PM, Eschew said:

Original ThreadPlease help me identify this case.


正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksAn Introduction to Custom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 1:56 AM, Bombastinator said:

Looks like vapor ware.  Probably got lawsuited. Or they ran with the million plus dollars

highly doubt that, they have been giving frequent updates and have previously delivered a near exact copy of the old Apple Mac dustbin

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, _thomas said:

highly doubt that, they have been giving frequent updates and have previously delivered a near exact copy of the old Apple Mac dustbin

Sure, but how many?  It could be real.  I am perhaps being overly pessimistic.  There’s so many scammy companies on Kickstarter type things et. al. though.  I understand Kickstarter proper has taken steps to get rid of offenders.  I don’t know how well it’s working though.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 11:27 PM, Eschew said:

More suggestions, with images:

  Reveal hidden contents

A5FY_132043900263330670pWWVI8DyPv.jpg     202062432888.jpg

Left: Streamcom DA2 Chassis. Right: JONSBO UMX4

  • Streamcom DA2 Chassis (Available for $259.00 from Newegg)
  • JONSBO UMX4 (Available for $99.00 from Amazon): ATX. Black or Silver, and Solid or TG Side Panels.

(Don't mind me, I just like looking at cases. 😁)

 

This one?

Original ThreadPlease help me identify this case.

Yep.  I understand the thing has problems.  Still want one though.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×