A New psu

Noob872

This may sound stupid, but do i really need a 80 plus bronze, silver, or gold. I understand that you need a 80 plus powersupply, but cant you just get a standard 80 plus psu. I am using this to add on to my old dell inspiron that I already have. 

Efficiency is not a guarantee of quality. 

What do you need the power supply for? What country and budget?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Efficiency is not a guarantee of quality. 

What do you need the power supply for? What country and budget?

USA, trying to stay around 60 doolars. I dont need more than a 450 watt psu as well. Power supply for my new grpahics card, gtx 1650 super

2 minutes ago, Noob872 said:

USA, trying to stay around 60 doolars. I dont need more than a 450 watt psu as well. Power supply for my new grpahics card, gtx 1650 super

Cheapest good PSU on the US pcpartpicker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FL3H99/seasonic-s12iii-500-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-ssr-500gb3

You can check out the PSU tier list to see some insight of PSU quality. I don't recommend anything below tier B.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

23 minutes ago, Noob872 said:

This may sound stupid, but do i really need a 80 plus bronze, silver, or gold. I understand that you need a 80 plus powersupply, but cant you just get a standard 80 plus psu. I am using this to add on to my old dell inspiron that I already have. 

No.  You need a good quality PSU that won't blow up your parts. 

80 PLUS efficiency level has nothing to do with this.