Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kip_2848

Is MSI GL65 9SD (2019) better than Asus TUF A15 (2020) at a lower cost?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Both are 1660ti. A15 is ryzen 4800H & MSI is i7-9750H. 

A15 is about 250 USD expensive than MSI.

A15 has much better battery life but piss poor display performance. MSI is 99% sRGB with great response time.

 

Is MSI a super good deal? or am I missing anything?

 

Edit: Forgot to mention. I saw some benchmarks MSI outperforms A15 in almost all AAA titles that I care about - Metro, Assassin, Tomb raider, BF5...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your post doesn't really make sense.

 

Do you have links? The A15 is more or less? They're completely different CPUs, so it depends which is more expensive.


Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: CM ML240R  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

 

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

 

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Statik said:

Your post doesn't really make sense.

 

Do you have links? The A15 is more or less? They're completely different CPUs, so it depends which is more expensive.

Sure.

 

A15: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0863DFMV7/ref=twister_B086TMWGXY

MSI: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-9SD-252-Gaming-i7-9750H-GTX1660Ti/dp/B0843H5ZXM/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=MSI+1660ti+laptop&qid=1594408411&sr=8-6

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kip_2848 said:

Are those the actual links? Because they don't even have prices for them..

 

Regardless, the MSI has a 9300H (not 9750H), a 1650 (not a 1660Ti), 8GB ram (ew no), and an SSD 1/4 the size of the A15.

 

For all intensive purposes the A15 is significantly better than the GF63


Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: CM ML240R  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

 

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

 

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Statik said:

Are those the actual links? Because they don't even have prices for them..

 

Regardless, the MSI has a 9300H (not 9750H), a 1650 (not a 1660Ti), 8GB ram (ew no), and an SSD 1/4 the size of the A15.

 

For all intensive purposes the A15 is significantly better than the GF63

Here's a screenshot.

 

image.thumb.png.702004d16cb4c238797f9a7196f60545.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

A15 is a pretty bad laptop so I wont consider it in the first place


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jurrunio said:

A15 is a pretty bad laptop so I wont consider it in the first place

Why is that? I would still consider an A15 over the MSI since it has a 4800H + 16GB Ram + 1TB SSD. The MSI has none of those.


Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: CM ML240R  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

 

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

 

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
46 minutes ago, Statik said:

Why is that? I would still consider an A15 over the MSI since it has a 4800H + 16GB Ram + 1TB SSD. The MSI has none of those.

Yes, you are correct. So, the thing is I was referring to variant which is available in my country which has 16gb ram + 256 NVME + 1TB SATA. (MSI GP65 Leopard 9SD-459IN)

Took screenshot of closest variant from amazon.com so that the conversation could be universal.

 

Also, if 4800H is not able to outperform i7-9750H while playing games then those multicores and threads are of no use to me. I will have to eat shit on that SSD but I more than happy to let that go for far more superior display quality and 5-10% bump in fps at lower cost.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kip_2848 said:

Yes, you are correct. So, the thing is I was referring to variant which is available in my country which has 16gb ram + 256 NVME + 1TB SATA. (MSI GP65 Leopard 9SD-459IN)

Took screenshot of closest variant from amazon.com so that the conversation could be universal.

 

Also, if 4800H is not able to outperform i7-9750H while playing games then those multicores and threads are of no use to me. I will have to eat shit on that SSD but I more than happy to let that go for far more superior display quality and 5-10% bump in fps at lower cost.

It would be really, really helpful if you linked us the exact products that you're considering buying, with the exact price, instead of posting incorrect information multiple times, and still expecting an accurate answer.

 

I would suggest looking up the gaming benchmarks yourself and comparing. The 4800H beats the 9750H in pretty much every single conceivable benchmark imaginable. There might be a couple games the 9750H wins in, but the 4800H tends to be the most recommended CPU right now, regardless of what you're using it for.


Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: CM ML240R  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

 

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

 

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Statik said:

It would be really, really helpful if you linked us the exact products that you're considering buying, with the exact price, instead of posting incorrect information multiple times, and still expecting an accurate answer.

 

I would suggest looking up the gaming benchmarks yourself and comparing. The 4800H beats the 9750H in pretty much every single conceivable benchmark imaginable. There might be a couple games the 9750H wins in, but the 4800H tends to be the most recommended CPU right now, regardless of what you're using it for.

I understand. I just did not want people to be dealing with my local currency conversions. Anyways, these are links to amazon.in as below:

MSI: https://www.amazon.in/MSI-GP65-Leopard-9SD-459IN-9S7-16U121-459/dp/B08696L1JC/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=msi+gp65&qid=1594421026&sr=8-1

A15: Directly spoke with Asus dealer and I was informed that A15 with following spec (Asus TUF Gaming A15 Ryzen 7 Octa Core - (16 GB/512 GB SSD/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti)  Gaming Laptop  (15.6 inch, Fortress Grey, 2.30 kg)) will be coming out @ 128k INR

 

Making A15 about 300 USD more expensive than MSI.

 

Lastly, benchmarks that I posted below are exactly CPU-GPU config that we are trying to compare. You can see average FPS in MSI is better A15.

 

Thank you for your help.

3 hours ago, kip_2848 said:

Also, here are the benchmarks.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×