New CPU, Motherboard and Ram.

I've been looking for quite some time to upgrade these 3 parts in my PC and saving up for a new GPU when the 3000 series releases.

My question is motherboard related.  They've been so hard to find lately, but it seems a few have come back in stock places.

I'm looking at probably one of 3 I've found in stock.  I'd like to stay under $200 US, and am open to other options.
MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS
MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($171.99 @ Walmart) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($67.39 @ Newegg) 
Total: $239.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-10 10:42 EDT-0400

Do not consider the gaming plus ( not a good board. Will power a 6 core but not good. )

Out of all of these. Get a tomahawk. 

But since your only powering a 6 core. 

Just get a b450 tomahawk max or a mortar max which will power a 6 core just fine ( 4 50A power stages ). And will support zen 3 with a beta bios. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Do not consider the gaming plus ( not a good board. Will power a 6 core but not good. )

Out of all of these. Get a tomahawk. 

But since your only powering a 6 core. 

Just get a b450 tomahawk max or a mortar max which will power a 6 core just fine ( 4 50A power stages ). And will support zen 3 with a beta bios. 

I'd like to have pcie gen 4 if possible.

4 minutes ago, tlmills82 said:

I'd like to have pcie gen 4 if possible.

(Even tho dmi 4 is useless ) the tomahawk is the better deal out of all of these. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

(Even tho dmi 4 is useless ) the tomahawk is the better deal out of all of these. 

DMI 4?

1 minute ago, tlmills82 said:

DMI 4?

The link between everything essentially.

It's basically the same as pcie 4.0

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

The link between everything essentially.

It's basically the same as pcie 4.0

I was under the impression that 4.0 wasn't needed for gpus but could make a BIG difference in storage speeds?

Just now, tlmills82 said:

but could make a BIG difference in storage speeds

If your saturating the bandwidth of 3.0 ( which for a causal user. You won't )

Build Log: 

Just now, tlmills82 said:

I was under the impression that 4.0 wasn't needed for gpus but could make a BIG difference in storage speeds?

It's the theoretical maximum speeds. In reality difference is not even detectable by human senses.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

It's the theoretical maximum speeds. In reality difference is not even detectable by human senses.

the b550 tomahawk is in stock for $179 US and the b450 is in stock (different retailer) for $125

So it's not worth the extra $50 for the b550?

2 minutes ago, tlmills82 said:

the b550 tomahawk is in stock for $179 US and the b450 is in stock (different retailer) for $125

So it's not worth the extra $50 for the b550?

I'd take the Tomahawk, either B550 or B450, for some strange reason most motherboard models by MSI called "Tomahawk" seem to be quite good.

I edit my posts more often than not

Those MSI motherboards are beasts. You would get a dazzling performance with any of those motherboards. And as said by our mate above its not worth spending 50 more for the 550 one. Good luck for your upgradation.